Civil Aviation Ministry of Information thread

Also forgot to mention. Being on the receiving end of more than one instance and more than one emergency service, these guys are absolutely brilliant and my heart goes out to them all. Especially the guys and gals who do it as volunteers.

Thanks!

This right here…is just a fun video to watch…once you start it, you’ll want to finish it…

Rather high atmospheric pressure today…
Our altimeter goes to 1050 HPa, and the pressure is at 1052…

Its the reason Siberia is visiting the Uk for the week. Brrrr just had the dogs out in a blizzard :slight_smile:

Just did a 1.5 hours ride on my motorcycle in the ‘Siberian cold’, can’t say it was the most comfy experience but the sun made up for it once you got to a standstill. Makes you appreciate modern tech clothing!

Color me every shade of jealous…what fun this looks like…

Those tyres. :open_mouth:

Amazing scenery! I’d like to know where they got that ortho :grin:

They seem crazy low, as in ‘I knocked over a cactus low’. If I was hiking I don’t know if I’d like a lot of that. I’m actually surprised they are allowed under 100 feet, isn’t there any rules! (clutches pearls to neck)! :slight_smile:

Reminds me of this red-head girl I knew…

They are legal as long as they don’t get within 500’ of a structure…

Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

http://www.risingup.com/fars/info/part91-119-FAR.shtml

Cue the joke of the maintenance guy asking the pilot about the reported birdstrike on the wing…

“Was the bird still in its nest?”

I don’t know how you number this runway… runway 18 thru 21…LOL…

Wow. Not a lot of margin for error there.

I’d trust my family’s lives to pilots that have worked in PNG. They’ve got to be the best sticks in the world (or get killed on their second week on the job…) Mad respect for the insane flying they do.

Aforementioned “mad skillz…”

Puts the job application paper down, and walks away

Saw this on reddit and thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Bit hard to decide which thread to post this. I could have started a What to buy @BeachAV8R the man who has everything thread but…

An interesting look at the early flying boats: