Civil Aviation Ministry of Information thread

Really enjoyed reading about this here

2 Likes

Seems like a good summary of the presentation.
The only discrepancy I could find was that the margin of error wasn’t 3% on landing. It was 3kts, between stalling and landing too fast to make a stop on the runway. :wink:

1 Like

Unrelated but still sort of fitting.

How SpaceMirrors are made

2 Likes

Our first Embraer 190-E2 arrived in Norway, today!

10 Likes

Are you likely to move onto the E190 @Troll?

No, not in a while at least. I could get it as a first officer, but then I’d have to start commuting to another base. I’m better off as a commander on the Dash8, for now. Would be fun, though! :slight_smile:
And, if the plans hold water, we’ll be getting 15 of these beauties. So, in time…

2 Likes

There is nothing like being Captain of your own ship. I hope you are enjoying the left seat after all that hard work!

1 Like

Always thought this aircraft was a sharp looking one. Also loved the cockpit avionics set-up as well. Use to fly one all the time in FSX. Was my favorite module to use in that simulation.

1 Like

Welcome to the club of EU 190/170 operators :wink: KLM has(or soon will) the biggest fleet in the EU if our beloved propaganda is to be believed!

Pulling G’s in the L-39C Albatros. Bucket list flight.

4 Likes

Such a gorgeous little jet the Albatros … mesmerizing vid … TFP.

BTW, I get paranoid whenever someone tells me what we’re about to do is “perfectly legal”. :thinking:

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/early-787-test-plane-is-dismantled-for-reuse-recycling-or-scrap/

2 Likes

I think that I need to return to the airline industry!

1 Like

That’s an amazing piece of technology that elicits a belief that there is no limit to what mankind can create. Thanks for linking.

1 Like

Always amazes me how busy the cockpit is during a short flight.

3 Likes

Short flights like this are very busy, at least for the PM/PNF.

Long flights as well…

Part1

Part2

Part3

1 Like

That’s a fascinating tale @komemiute. Quite an adventure!

1 Like

I really love when experience and skill brings such an adventure to a nice ending.

It’s extremely frustrating to not have time to eat catering…

1 Like