Civil Aviation Ministry of Information thread

Our shortest commercial flight is 8 min airborne, in visual conditions. 12 min with full procedure.
We don’t even serve coffee… :scream:

2 Likes

Lol @Troll

That is a good thing with our catering…

3 Likes

I suspect the catering on the airplane I fly is somewhat better :wink: .

Well to be fair. The catering to the passengers is not that bad for the type of market we encompass, but obviously nothing compared to private sector… But crew food… Yeah I would wager yours would be several rungs higher

Guy nailed an emergency landing on a Calgary street this morning …

1 Like

Steveo goes up in a racing plane and handles it like a champ …

What’s up with Lakeland Florida’s Sun & Fun 2018 security??? People just aimlessly wandering, motorcycling, gocarting and driving all over the runway LOL!

I’ve still got my eye out for a nice X-Plane 11 TBM @chipwich. :slight_smile:

Edit: DANGIT, I meant to post this in the Civil Aviation thread. Yo admins, little help.

2 Likes

Here’s where you wanted it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve just described heaven.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for Carenado to sort out the one that they released. Really cool aircraft.

I haven’t been to Sun & Fun, but a local EAA chapter hosts a pretty big fly-in every year, and I usually help out parking aircraft by mini bike and motorcycle. It can get pretty crazy with folks walking / riding everywhere while aircraft are arriving and departing. Haven’t had an decapitations yet. Fingers crossed.

Typical situation. My buddy and long time EAA Chapter 611 president (retired), Winn Fletcher, preventing mayhem.

3 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes
1 Like

Airflow visualization:

5 Likes

Who needs tailhooks and arresting cables?

4 Likes

What the hell ! :astonished:

1 Like

Look at the water to its right. There’s quite a strog wind! :open_mouth:

Flight testing…civil or military can be dangerous stuff:

“A GippsAero GA10 turbo Airvan was destroyed after a test flight on Monday when it crashed in the Mojave Desert, in southern California. Both pilots on board bailed out at about 5,000 feet AGL and landed safely under parachutes, according to news reports.”

https://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/101/4077-full.html?ET=avweb:e4077:444806a:&st=email#230931

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this here…

QNH is correct, as is the altimeter.

4 Likes

Prepare to drop depth charges! :wink:

4 Likes

Que Queen’s Underpressure :wink:

1 Like

Mmm…sexy…

3 Likes