Civil Aviation Ministry of Information thread

Drug runner edition! :wink:

That’s how you get to pressure wash your turbines weekly though. As pretty as it looks!

Seems like a bad place to put telephone/power wires…

…alternatively…might just be a bad place to land an An-225…

Alternate angle…

1 Like

I saw Anna earlier this year at Berlin Airshow. She’s huuuge. I have to finally get the pictures from the SD card and post some of them here.

Interesting, the latest generation of engines is not off to a happy start.

Don’t read the comments though, the AV Herald comment section has taken a nosedive in the recent months.

1 Like

Pretty much the same universally for any comment section. The same can be said for the FlightAware news comment section. The digital age has a lot of great things about it…lack of civility in comments isn’t one of them.

1 Like

I could watch videos like this all day… really like the ones with the ATC in the background.

2 Likes

I completely forgot about Oshkosh. Time flies when your plane is broke :frowning:

1 Like

No. No thank you at all…

2 Likes

I am with you… NO thanks.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I mean, what’s the worst that could happen, right?:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wow. Yeah, I guess there are some things I don’t need to try in my life.

1 Like

I’m guessing that if you keep your speed up then it becomes hard to dig in, but it’s not something I would have any desire to try personally.

2 Likes

When I was young and stupid I rode with a friend who often did that in his Maule. After a few runs up and down the lake he said to me, “Go Ahead, give it a go!” “No thanks. I’m good just watching.”

(Rest in peace, Jim)

2 Likes

It’s the same idea as with riding a motorcycle over a lake or skipping stones and a slight downward pressure on the stick to keep it from lifting up should do the trick with a aircraft.

I’ll never do it, I am not that insane yet!

That just looks like it could go very wrong very quickly.

Nothing like a reply to a year old post, but just watched the Stevo takes a ride with Sean D Tucker in the Extra. Great fun and very much reminds me of an similar aerobatic lesson that I took in a Citabria out of Ft. Lauderdale Executive with a Viper pilot.

I was just going over the Linebacker archive of photos and I must say I have to revisit this as my favorite cockpit photo …

(Edit by BeachAV8R - Semi-NSFW though…)

cockpit

Completely safe for work as it’s a piece of ART! I’ve seen similar renaissance paintings of the female anatomy. Look at that bone and muscle structure!

1 Like

Trust me— I am.

1 Like

I caught my colleagues touch down at Vadsø, ENVD, just after midnight…

6 Likes