DCS 2.5.x Screenshots (2019)

Apparently, one of these words doesn’t mean what I think it means:
oneofthesewords

I’ve been away from combat sims for a long time, but I’ve returned and have been training in the Hornet.

What’s this? I always thought that head lolling, hole in the canopy shot meant: DEAD.

1 Like

British narrator voice

Here we see a wild male Hornet mount his mate for the first time…

6 Likes

I swear the AI in this game…

And then this happened…

4 Likes

2wafcy

3 Likes

Invulnerable in the logbook means your profile (including rank and medals) don’t get wiped out when you die. If you really want to be invulnerable in the sim, you have to turn that on in the options.

Yeah, it was on by default. I wasn’t looking to set it as invulnerable; I just noticed that it was set that way.
No interest in setting it that way for the sim; it would ruin the surprise of being blown to bits while in a state of concentration causing me to jump half out of my seat.

2 Likes

Hey @franze how did you get the trap sheet to work? For me it only shows which wire I caught.

Not sure, I just opened it after landing and it showed that.

Some CAT III landings I did.

Some nasty crosswind

15 Likes

I’m usually not much for multiplayer, but I was in the mood for something different tonight, so I decided to hop on Hollo Pointe and give it a go. Unfortunately I had the place to myself, but I still managed to have a good time.

Loaded for Tor.

The Tor in question.

Tor-more? Ok, the was Tor-able and made no sense, I’ll show myself out…

Next it was time for some dastardly red trucks to die.

10 Likes

:sunglasses:

9 Likes

If I had to choose between the two sexiest aircraft in DCS, it would be a tie between the M2000C and the Tomcat.

6 Likes

Stunning shot!

3 Likes

“Walking the Bear”…again.

A rocket attack…who can see the 3 things I did wrong? 1- Didn’t drop my tanks before combat. 2 - Kept my Air Brakes out too long. 3 - Left my Nav Lights on in combat.

East German Mig-19

…and @Troll thought my Viggen landings were bad. I’m about 1 for 8 in successful Mig-21 landings…“successful” meaning the ability to taxi off the runway…even if the main mounts are a bit bent out of shape…as long as they hold you up and the wheels roll.

10 Likes

Flying out to the canyons to work on my rudder skills…which used to be good in warbirds, MiG-21, and the F-5, but now I seem to suck in the Tomcat.

6 Likes

Some Bombcats :wink:

7 Likes

6 Likes

More Mig-With-Mig form flying. Mig-15s with Mig-19s

Of not, if your two formations reset the same (echelon right) bot of your jets start flying formation on the AI jets…sort of…

So if your purely AI flight can shut down the engines, pull up the boarding ladder, deplane and put in the engine covers, why can’t I do the same?

This is pretty neat. I have the weather filter activated but the clouds are a bit too heavy so it gives me a nice cloud interference on the radar screen. It is the little touches like this that really bring the emersion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some of the ship models are awesome.

So…I have finally found a way to combine my new DCS hobby with my new pastime of sailboat racing. …blowing a sailboat around the course with rotor blast! We need to get an MP session going with this…

11 Likes

CO is going to make us sit through Fraud, Waste, and Abuse training after this fiasco…

5 Likes

Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAmpN0f8KFk

2 Likes