DCS 2.5.x Screenshots (2019)

interesting (and gorgeous) weather to learn how the doppler nav works in the hip.

9 Likes

another picture i took while i was streaming on twitch w/ Herramisi… Blueflag round starts with a nice sunrise… we almost forgot to turn on the radar :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Ironically and totally not judging anyone, the hipster rescues reluctantly.

2 Likes

Iranian Ka-50 lost his snow cone maker.

6 Likes

Sad and lonely, the grey shark stares into the sunset, contemplating his former glory days, when he had a tail, and all kind of spinny and shooty bits.

6 Likes

…lost my tail again.”

Thus spake Eeyore.

6 Likes

Here’s the Iranian paint scheme for the Tomcat.

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/61114/index.htm

Wheels

Plus an F-4 for ya.

Wheels

3 Likes

One nozzle being open and one closed is setting off my ocd hardcore, that would drive me mad on a shelf lol

1 Like

IIRC that has something to do with the way the hydraulic systems on the -A depressurize on shutdown. While ugly, it is realistic afaik.

4 Likes

Sexiest. And almost better than any A6.

Almost.

Wouldn’t the wings be in oversweep lol

YKC! (You know Correctly) :slightly_smiling_face: - when I was in VF-32, I remember seeing that and asking the question - “a hydraulic thing” was the answer. I think full open was the hydraulics off position…don’t quote me on that.

2 Likes

Speaking of lost tails…on the Hip…

So I’m reading Chuck’s Guide for the Mi-8, page 47, hovering take off and I run into a little gem of info. The max hovering TO weight chart assumes calm winds, 93% main rotor speed, disengaged PZU and disengaged engine anti-ice. [Emphasis mine]

When you set a mission in the ME to an engines on start, it takes into account the FAT and sets engine anti-ice on if it is cold. Likewise, the PZU defaults too on. Fortunately Chuck also provides the weight deduction for these conditions.

What does this have to do with broken tails? I have been trying to land with these systems on. I’m betting I’ll get more power margin with those two systems off on landing.…maybe. Thanks @Chuck_Owl! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nope, the IRIAF doesn’t always use the oversweep.

1 Like

Nevada F-14 free flight mission, landing at Nellis. AH-64Ds were hogging the taxiway and worst of all, were driving on the wrong side! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Couple of shots from @Franze and @Wes trying to help me not die instantly

Join up for Spring Sting 2 so you to can take screen shots like this!

10 Likes

7 Likes

great fun tonight with my Mi-8

messed around with the graphics settings a bit and got a lot better clarity in the cockpit and better performance. I was really REALLY struggling before but now its a bajillion time better.
Gazprom skin was found so i just had to go to the oilfields and see if i could land on one lol

As i was in a multiplayer server occasional magic happens…this was one of those beautiful moments

my excitement is captured in the chat log :slight_smile: (enough screenshots vic?)

AeroFlot skin and what i like to call “where can i land where i shouldn’t” or “how my tail didnt remove itself”

I wasnt convinced about the whole chopper thing when @schurem MADE me buy it…:wink:

im a total and complete convert now…my skill level is improving so so much each flight. i love the thing now

13 Likes

10 Likes