DCS F-14 Tomcat Launch Impressions MEGATHREAD

Out flying today…hoping I’ll be home for the scrum!

9 Likes

I ran the count, and the F-14B shipped with 57 missions. This includes all training missions, all normal missions and all instant action missions for all currently available maps. Refreshing to have this much content available for singleplayer in a new release.

3 Likes

:astonished:

2 Likes

Thankfully I can remote in to my PC and at least start the updating process…

3 Likes

15 training missions, 15 normal missions (10 in the Caucasus, 3 on the gulf. Nevada and Normandy get one each), 8 instant action for the caucasus, 9 instant for the NTTR, 3 instant for Normandy and 7 instant for the Gulf. That tallies up to 57 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’ll tide me over for the weekend :smiley:

I dived into the files and found also found 13 MP coop missions, so that brings the total tally to 70 missions. Judging from their titles, these are MP variants of the single missions though.

1 Like

With a tomcat, isn’t every mission a coop mission?

4 Likes

In the pit for real now, lets try the cold and dark challenge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no idea what I’m doing… but I managed to pull this off. I just couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

Coincidentally, yesterday my copy of PC Pilot arrived featuring (among there things) @BeachAV8R’s look at the Tomcat…talk about good timing. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

don’t worry fridge, you will probably still be flying before me … damn slow internet :sob:

2 Likes

Well I am updated but having had a builder round for 2.5 hours talking extensions and now have to walk dogs with my wife who is hyper over the house improvements and I am hyper for the tomcat

3 Likes

and of course the very moment the thing is done installing, four kids at a time melt down and wife is cooking. F!

7 Likes

@goosebot quote

3 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: You can be my wingman any time. — Iceman

3 Likes

Gaw dangit now windows has hidden my mouse and wants to update pfffft

@goosebot quote

:left_speech_bubble: This is what I call a target-rich environment. — Maverick

Can’t wait to roll in on my first turkey in the C-101CC…

hotshots1

5 Likes