DCS F-16: why I like/dis-like the next ED module

Pleased to hear about the harrier content. I’ll be all over that! Thanks for the update on it :+1:

1 Like

I’ve loved the Falcon since its intro. I was in High school. To me, its the quintessential dog fighter. Its the real thing. Its what dreams are made of. Its no missile truck or bomber that can fight. Its first a fighter, then it can do everything else. Agile, light and with a great view. Just ask Giora Epstein.
Hope we see it sometime. Im thinking 2021at least for this one.

1 Like

Shame on you @BeachAV8R! You introduced us all to the Harrier. I totally love flying it in Blue Flag. So, so sweet. And the Mirage! As funky as the Russian jets yet as functional as an F-16A. I recommend that you ignore the family and forego any further travel until you get caught up.

5 Likes

The Harrier appeals to my love for the flying part of these combat sims. I’m sure that is why I’ll enjoy the Hornet too. I love that feeling after you’ve dropped your bombs and are headed back to the carrier knowing that the mission isn’t over. Really looking forward to whatever @Baltic_Dragon cooks up for the Harrier. I’m hoping for some austere field, FARP, or road network missions…

The Mirage is where i need to pick up my combat “career” i havent flown a combat sim in almost 2 years.

But its time to fly again. Not sure what im flying after the mirage, either the 18 or 14. Carrier ops is going to be a fun pain. Lol.

Back to the 16, why no GBU-39 SDB?

No SDB’s? Nice!

Don’t know if they will be left out but GBU-39s didn’t come in until a later tape - they are doing a F-16CM from around 2007.

Some if not most of the BMS devs have played DCS for years and actively do support it. The extreme end of BMS was banned long ago - however since then there has been a trickle of mostly blatent trolling from some DCS fanbois and the thread gets closed again after they succeed in winding up the BMS fan base.
I wish the thread would be closed however adults are free to discuss DCS in a civilised manner.

I knew it! This can only mean, the Mig-19 will be Released Tomorrow!!!

:grin::heart_eyes::grin::heart_eyes::grin::heart_eyes: :hugs:

…or not. :hushed:

6 Likes

I do believe Gbu-39s were first uesed in combat OCT 2006. But i have no clue when they were first used on the 16.

I had read it was 2014 OFP 5.1 from someone who used to work them - suppose he could be wrong. I can check a 2007 TO I have for the CM I guess.

Every modern weapon ED list was there in Oct 2007 - no SDB though.

All i need is six mavs, four winders and a belly tank. bring em on!

Don’t be too disappointed if you cannot carry 6 Mavs because the LAU-88 doesn’t appear to exist on the modern USAF F-16.

nothing i can’t hack with a little creative .lua wrenching

1 Like

It feels like the LAU-88 was just the US military industrial complex saying: “Well, f*** it” in a severe case of soviet tanks frolicking through the town of Fulda.

2 Likes

I can put six on the 88 on the hog, despite NATOPS telling us to load only two per launcher on account of those mav motors scorching the flaps or some such thing. I dont see why we wouldnt be able to do the same with the viper.

Lawdy lawd I’m looking forward to driving a lawndart again!

The scorching issue was with the F-16…the A-10C is still fine…the TO does list a few limitations. Would think the Hog 2 x Mav loadout is to account for being powered by two large Hairdryers. :tongue:

Oh, this sounds really good.

Was the F-16 capable of LOFT bombing?