DCS F/A-18C

4 Likes

Hey Heatblur did announce an upcoming plane that goes fast, low, carries a lot of bombs and has the crew sitting side by side…

Oh, no- right that’s the A-6… Sorry, carry on.
immagine

2 Likes

Fixed it for ya
I’m still jealous though.
But mark my words, when heatblur DO the f111… the simming world will change

2 Likes

Double-fixed it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Group-hug I know man…

2 Likes

Wait for me!
I’ll just land my DCS Viggen, that Heatblur made for me…

4 Likes

Ah! That well renowned and respected company that is making the Intruder? Nice!

3 Likes

Excited for everything on there,except the AIM-7. I’m pretty sure I can speak for 100% of the simming community, if not global population at large, when I say the AIM-7 should be the absolute lowest priority for anything, ever.

Things I’d rather see than more AIM-7 work:
-DCS: Milwaukee (the Map, or a high fidelity Sawz-all sim. I’m good either way)
-DCS: Forklift
-DCS: Cessna Caravan
-DCS: Dodge Caravan
-DCS: Wandering Nomadic Caravan
-DCS: Aardvark…the animal, not the plane
-DCS: Popular Radial Powered Russian Trainer (too soon? :stuck_out_tongue:)
-A feature where one must fill out all requisite paperwork every time they crater a plane
-A feature where one fails a mission due to inability to follow proper noise abatement procedures
-A selection of vintage washing machines as commandable AI units in the ME

4 Likes

Naw. I’d rather see the AIM-7 work more than any of those things that you listed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Me too…

Guess you’re down to only 99.9999% now, huh?

Second thought… That Cessna 208 come with a cargo pod?

3 Likes

Prefer the Sparrow as well. All aspect death trackers just arent that interesting.

3 Likes

Aye. In fact, I wish they’d add some interesting failure states to our munitions. As it is now, DCS is a procedure trainer. Everything works exactly like it says in the manual. Nothing ever breaks, leaks, has a faulty connector or turns out to be a dud.

Sparrows should fail in all kind of interesting ways. Fly off unguided. Drop dead off the rail and never ignite. Hang up. Stay hung up but ignite (dunno if that ever happened, but I bet it be pretty dang hairy if it did!)

One of the great things about this site is there is no stigma associated with being completely wrong.

1 Like

I haven’t yet played with the random system failure settings and bird strikes in the ME. Are those not currently working?

Well, just pick the dirtiest Marine skin, open the failures tab and go nuts! Then you, too, can enjoy the modern USMC flying experience! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Agreed, but this should apply to all missiles. Especially the ones being shot at my aircraft. I’m cool with mine being perfect first time, every time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Or completely missing the tongue in cheek humor! :laughing:

1 Like

Hurumph…obviously has not read enough of my posts…oops, was that my out loud voice?

:slightly_smiling_face: Welcome Easy

1 Like

Hey, doesn’t the AIM-7 have something like a 90 lb warhead? :smile:

Counts on fingers No… No, that’s not right. 900lbs? You’re thinking of the Genie.

Top Priority for the F 18 development is obviously the A-6 Intruder for players.

4 Likes

Yes, but that’s to be added later in the early access period!

2 Likes

Perhaps his response was also tongue in cheek? 0_o

Going meta up in here!