DCS F/A-18C

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Manual (MAN) Bombing Training Lesson Recording

This is a recording of one of the 13 new interactive training missions coming to the Hornet on 5 December 2018.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699875&postcount=92

Please also note that the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Player Guide as recently updated and almost doubled in size. You can find the Hornet guide at:

install drive letter:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc

1 Like

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet AUTO Bombing Mode Training Lesson Recording

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet High Drag Bombs Training Lesson Recording

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Canister Munition Lesson Recording

These are recordings of 3 of the 13 new interactive training missions coming to the Hornet on 5 December 2018.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699875&postcount=92

Please also note that the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Player Guide as recently updated and almost doubled in size. You can find the Hornet guide at:

install drive letter:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc

2 Likes

You’ll still have to visualise the situation, but it’s not too hard once you get used to it. Terrific news though. Cool insight by the way on the fighter pilot podcast episode 31. Apparently BRA calls are only sporadically used now, at least in the US.

What we are primarily working on:

1- Datalink / SA Page / MIDS
2- GBU-10/12/16
3- HARM
4- A/A Waypoint and BRA data
5- Further radar, AGM-65F, and JHMCS debugging
6- DUD cue logic
7- FLIR renderer
8- A/G radar renderer
9- Various systems debugging

9 Likes

Bring on the FLIR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT7m2iHVqDQ&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

I plan on setting aside some time to finally learn the Hornet the last week of the year, when I will be off work but not out of the house.
Hopefully all those training missions will be up and running so I can go through them one at a time.

Who knows, maybe I’ll even have time to look at one of the other planes I’ve yet to learn like the F-86, MiG-21, or Viggen.

Yeah, who am I kidding?

5 Likes

I feel I follow the same delusion and on top of the F-18 that is installed on my harddrive untested for months now pre-ordered the F-14. I will find time during Christmas break. I certainly will…

1 Like

That is a pretty cool summary video with a lot of good info in there. Thanks for posting it!

Any chance you could tell us where integrated IFF and TWS fit in that lineup, @NineLine?

1 Like

Dear pilots!

Tomorrow we’ll release the AGM-65F (AGM-65D and AGM-65G have been removed to make a more accurate simulation of the USN/USMC legacy Hornet). It will not be at a complete state as we’d hoped, but certainly much more accurate than the current OB version of the D/G. Here are a few notes to help you understand the system to minimize confusion/frustration:

Basic operation:

• Must be in ARM Master Arm mode and A/G Master Mode.
  • Select MAVF from Stores page and then again for AGM-65F format page.
  • If missions starts from the ground, you must give the seeker time to cool down (seeker) and spin up (gyro), indicated by the TIMING countdown timer.
  • Set TDC to Maverick format page, left sensor control switch (assuming MAFV format on LDDI).
  • HOTAS Cage/Uncage button to cage the seeker to boresight.
  • HOTAS HARM Sequence / FOV / RAID button to toggle seeker field of view. Note: FOV change should only be possible in a non-tracking seeker state.
  • TRACK WHT/BLK should only toggle symbology, NOT seeker polarity. In addition to symbology color, it also will set the seeker to bias locking of white point targets (WHT) or black (BLK). TRACK does NOT indicate seeker tracking state.
  • To slew seeker, you must be pressing down on the TDC while giving slew commands . Note: the team is working on making the slew smoother (also for HUD TDC slew). You can also hold down the ENTER button while entering slew commands of , . / ;
  • To lock a target, slew the crosshairs over a target and release the TDC button. If it cannot lock, the crosshairs will expand to breaklock mode the pointing cross with flash.
  • If a TGT point is set, the seeker will auto-Slave to the location. Once slaved, press the HOTAS undesignate button to allow manual slew.

To Do:

• Improve slew precision.
  • Adjust Maverick motor burn time, speed, and range.
  • Cage to boresight from slave mode, already fixed internally.

Note : the AGM-65F uses the existing infrared-rendering shaders, not the new one under development.

Test mission attached.
https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=199251&d=1543934153

Example (not an F but close) of reference: CF-18 416 - YouTube

Thanks!
Wags

5 Likes

Holding down while slewing will definitely require learning some new techniques with my HOTAS. None of my hats press down, only two scroll wheels (which are not going to cut it) and the 2 mini sticks, one each on stick and throttle.

Why the Stingers? Just curious. :slightly_smiling_face: They wee one of the Hornet C squadrons in CVW-14 with me on STENNIS in 2004. Pretty good squadron. :+1:

They also went with us on the maiden deployment in 2006. Don’t remember if it was them or the Fists that left a jet in the water off the Great Barrier Reef.

These Fists?

1 Like

Yep. Remember, we stole both the Stennis’s parking space and air wing after we arrived at North Island.

1 Like

That’s an excellent reference video :smiley:

5 Likes

Excellent,L@@King forward to tomorrow

I’m still learning the original DCS module…lol…the Ka-50…

2 Likes