DCS F/A-18C

Make that man a RIO for life!

1 Like

There needs to be a house rule that the B/N in the A-6 has to attempt whatever accent Defoe was trying to pull off in that film.

2 Likes

:grinning: Hahaha. !

If that means I get my “Six”, I start studying NOW!

I think that was Dafoe pulling off Dafoe. I mean, I heard overtones of Agent Smecker in there, as well as some Norman Osborn.

“ya see, Iron Hand’s ma thing.”

4 Likes

And here I heard… Whatever the name of Ving Rhames’s character was (Muldowski? The Structural shop chief?), during the scene at… I think Pauline’s? (O-Club basement in the book).

1 Like

Muldowski isn’t he the chief in The Intruders by Stephen Coonts? Great book! Didn’t realize he was in the movie too, going to have to rewatch it.

1 Like

Chief Warrant Officer and Shooter - he was in the first two books, yes. Ving Rhames played I believe a Master Chief something or other who had shades of Muldowski’s character (“I don’t hear your engine, and I don’t see your salute!”), but I don’t remember him getting a name in the movie.

1 Like

BOSUN! The guy was a beast in the book! :smiley:

Would make more sense, I am not involved in finding SME’s, nor can I verify who they are in random responses on an internet forum.

No worries…I had just read that in your role, according to Wags you’d “…be focusing on the our forums, Steam forum, Facebook, Youtube channel, tech support tickets, and module research…” So I (incorrectly) thought some input from a current Hornet pilot might be useful (not just with regards to a single switch in the aircraft, but more broadly in how operations work). Sounds like you guys have all the information you need internally though.

2 Likes

I have run into so many people claiming to be something they are not, not saying this is the case here, but I dont think ED needs my help with SME’s, they have many contacts in the military, as well as through TFC. That is not to say they would turn away another SME, but they need to approach Matt, and with proof of who they are. I cant flag everyone with an opinion, not to say I didnt point out his original points though, as I did in order to get the answers I did.

Much of my module research falls on the WWII stuff. Scanning microfilm, chasing down leads, and searching for all that stuff you cant find in google.

5 Likes

@NineLine so hows things going with ex f-111 pilots / WO’s.

You know i have to ask

4 Likes

I keep asking Wags about the F-111 just to shut… err help you out :smiley:

9 Likes

me and a few retired VFA-106 pilots are all reading the last few posts in this thread looking at each other like:

I think that this needs to be one of the skins:

then again this one is pretty awesome too:

I know that it is a CF-188 technically … but one can dream :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holy Carnauba Wax…You could eat jelly donuts off that jet and bounce maple sugar candies off of it without dinging the finish!

4 Likes

So…gosh…darn…beautiful…ay!

1 Like

Hell yeah!

1 Like