DCS: Mi-24 Hind

It’s like the Russian helicopter corps version of that Marilyn anecdote:

“Once this fellow says, ‘Marilyn, what do you wear to bed?’ So I said I only wear Chanel No. 5.’"

:rofl:

2 Likes

hopfully how dcs should look by the end of the year… :laughing:

6 Likes

except there will be flames coming from the Hind as it breaks apart

4 Likes

you mean flames from the engine of the apache as it tries to keep up with the hind :rofl:
any flames from the hind are totally intentional and are probably just burning off any unwanted Vodka :smiley:

3 Likes

Popular Soviet aircraft technician breakfast due to high alcohol content. Makes working on Hinds easier.

“Boot polish, for example, would be spread on a hunk of bread, which was then toasted. The alcohol in the polish would soak into the bread; the polish itself would crisp on the surface of the toast. You’d scrape off as much as you could, then eat the bread. The same could be done with some ethanol-based toothpastes.
Alternatively, take that polished bread, sit it on top of a glass of water over night, and then drink it, as a certain amount of alcohol will have infused it. And then eat the bread, hoping it hasn’t gotten mouldy in the meantime.”

3 Likes

Didn’t the Mig 21 have an alcohol cooled radar … over good times where had by their radar technicians … No comrades you cannot use your radar this flight, Ivan drank the coolant…

4 Likes

Alcohol evaporation cooling IIRC, and yes, supposedly it was used for other purposes.

2 Likes

Yes we sweat now comrade, but after landing, we party, da?

4 Likes

That’s actually a sad true story.
Sad mostly because it wasn’t drinking alcohol and many young technicians got very very ill for that.

2 Likes

Hind quickstart guide is up over at ED forums

Dear all,

Please find below the DCS: Mi-24P Quick start guide

Thanks

The ED Team

Mi-24P Quick Start Manual EN.pdf2.9 MB · 1055 downloads

10 Likes

It’s coming soon. I can feel it

3 Likes

Are certain parts of your body reacting?

Feel It Close Your Eyes GIF

3 Likes

ilana glazer episode 6 GIF by Broad City

2 Likes

I just skimmed it, and man that looks like a metric ton of fun. I can’t wait for the patch that gives Petrovich his voice. I hope they ask the guy who did the flight instructor for the MiG-19. He’s excellent.

2 Likes

I am quite impressed with everything Petrovich is going to be able to get up, even at this early in development. If they can get it all working well, it really will be a game changer in terms of multicrew A/C. I’d love to see something similar in the Gaz, as well as the upcoming Kiowa and Apache.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Sigh…I just caved in. I don’t even have my PC set up…silly silly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The thing is, though - I already know that (unlike some other modules I’ve bought) I will 100% play the living babushkas out of this module.

I love flying the Hip and this thing is basically like the Hip except more badass…so at 30% off and a handful of miles, I will decree it is money reasonably well spent despite me not being set up for flying in the short term. :blush:

I will see you in the skies of the workers paradise tavarits!

4 Likes

With our red hearts siging the songs of the Rodina we shall instill fear in those capitalist running dogs and theocrat barbarians!

Petrovich looks excellent to me. Perhaps, no quite likely more efficient than me in the front seat.

4 Likes

I have not been this excited about a module since the Tomcat. I cannot wait. I’m bursting to try it

1 Like

Glorious! I shall sing Internationale while my trusted GSh-30K shall sing the song of BRRRT.