DCS: Mi-24 Hind

A Quick Start guide counting up to 74 pages :slight_smile: I am curious how long the regular one will be :rofl:

I have just finished the Crime and Punishment campaign for the MiG-19 and now I am torn apart - shall I jockey the MiG-21 as foreseen or wait a little and jump on the Hind instead? It will be my first copter in DCS so I expect it to be quite a handful at first…

2 Likes

I was expecting the same type of AI interaction as the F14, this short and long press should be easier to use once the muscle memory clicks in. Much like the way I use the A10 TMS and DMS without conscious thought. I hope so anyway :grin:

2 Likes

Haha the other day I put that up on youtube, volume maxed out to wake the boy for school. “Arise, ye workers from your slumbers, arise ye prisoners of want”. It worked perfectly, he was too confounded to be surly about it. I might do that more often :wink:

6 Likes

It looks like the stars have aligned a wee bit for me. We had a member of staff testing positive for vivid on Monday so the pub has closed for at least 2 days, I am still waiting to hear if I need to self isolate. Also the wife is going to see her :racehorse::horse_racing: and the hind will be released. Would anyone want to explore the start up and flight this evening for a couple of hours ?
I can host something small if there is interest :helicopter:

5 Likes

A helping hand if you want to include this quick start kneeboard guide

Obviously not having the module yet is a problem but I have compiled this from Wags video, the early access manual and the experience of the Mi-8 so fingers crossed it covers it

6 Likes

I just watched the Wags videos up to the hovers and takeoffs. I think stick time with the Mi-8 will be very useful in learning this bird, I feel at home already :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Its systems are very close to the Mi8 just in different positions. Except for the pretty pink master arm light in the roof

5 Likes

Well, I wasn’t going to, but I’m a lost cause… I have the DC6 to buy for MSFS on Friday too. A good week for simming…for my wallet, not so much! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

So the Hind release seems official:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/227507-dcs-world-patch-notes-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4693499

4 Likes

W O W…this patch will be H U G E!!!
download

4 Likes

I’m on my way to Scotland till Friday :pleading_face: unbelievable.

8 Likes

Of course you are. Did you expect any better? Drive safe mate and Godspeed.

2 Likes

Bring me back some Bridie’s and a haggis

6 nations applause GIF by Guinness Six Nations

2 Likes

Nope. It’s murphy and his stupid law. He follows me a round the git

9 Likes

Updated DCS and get the option for downloading the hind from the Module manager but then nothing happens, I guess there is a queue
EDIT: 3rd time lucky its getting it now

2 Likes

i had nothing to do with this … :laughing:

3 Likes

Safe Travels Friend

2 Likes

13 Likes

I see “The Fan” Works!!! :sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Not only that, but you can also stick your finger in it! :point_up_2:

5 Likes