DCS: Normandy WW2

@wagmatt

Are the 2.X shaders working miracles, or are those new Kirov models I spy with my little eye?

1 Like

Fantastic screens Matt. Great job on the map colors too, they turned out really nice. I am really looking forward to playing this map with modern aircraft, especially helos. This should also be a great map for RAZBAM’s AV-8B.

My Dynamic Campaign Engine is not really set up for helos and CAS type scenarios, but I feel I will have to do something with this map. Along the lines of a strike campaign from England to soften up Soviet occupied Europe. Rolling around various scenario ideas in my head right now.

Another questions on those trees. How do they affect ground units? Will they inhibit engagement of helicopters?

7 Likes

I think it is still the old model, as the Slava on the right looks a little more vivid. Still the new lighting does a good job of keeping the old models watchable (also already with 1.5).

1 Like

3 Likes

The two tells for me are the model looks reflective in the light, and my experience is the older re-re-reconverted cmd models don’t have that effect in 1.5.x currently. Also the indented area at the stern seems more defined compared to the current model.

I could very well be wrong, however.

Are obstacles (buildings, trees) hardened now to prevent the AI from seeing/shooting through them?

1 Like

Looks like the live stream is delayed a little longer.

Sincerely sorry to have to do this a second time, but the team and I have decided it would be best to delay the live stream a bit to come very shortly after the start of the Normandy map pre-purchase and the release of the amazing trailer video that “Glowing Amraam” is working on. We feel the live stream and Q&A will be much more appropriate and useful after the pre-purchase beings.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Thanks,
Matt

Doesn’t really change anything though. I think that ED does not want to steal any thunder from Mr. Amraam. Looking forward to this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whatever it takes to silence the WW2 crowd and get 2.5 and the Hornet out the door.

5 Likes

Sweet!!! Sounds like " Pre-Purchase is just around the corner.

They’re missing some Sussex based ALGs
Funtington, Apuldram, Selsey, Bognor & Coolham

Metalled airfields:
Westhampnett, Merston & Thorney island

YOU CAN’T SILENCE US!

DON’T LISTEN TO THE TGP-HEADS ED!

PROPELLERS 4 EVA!

WE AIN’T GOIN AWAY!

THUNDERBOLTS!

6 Likes

I’m not arguing these things shouldn’t be made, I’m arguing they should be made in front of things that actually matter.

You guys have four other sims of varying verisimilitude you can play with, you can wait. I don’t have a naval fast jet that works on this OS. Thank goodness Leatherneck gets it.

4 Likes

Yes you do…

6 Likes

I said jet, not submarine.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Electric. Lightning.

Ooooh, Sorry, Lightning is technically plasma. that’s not wordwang.

That’s numberwang!

© 2021 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ