DCS Screenshots

As you guys know, the screenshots while in VR don’t do justice to the experience. Fooling around with Picasa 3 last night and decided to try a collage of various screens from Red Flag 16-2 missions.

4 Likes

Mmmm…Tornado…

The number of awesome videos on Youtube of Tornados flying low says: We need a flyable Tornado in DCSW, asap.

1 Like

Just saying- I’ve contacted the officer that is in charge of historical preservation of the paintschemes and nose art for the Tornado Squadrons in the base I work now.

Who’s down for some realistic Italian Paintscheme for the Tonka?

5 Likes

There are SO many cool Tornado paintschemes. Just for laughs I googled “Tornado Sonderlackierung” (Tornado special paint job) and WOW. I knew some of those, but there are also some awesome ones I didn’t know yet.

Uh. I need a paper towel.

Awesome! :smiley:

Hey @komemiute, can we have the one above right after DCS:Tornado comes out?

1 Like

If the Tornado comes out for real I’ll do ALL of them! :smiley:

3 Likes

A few screenshots from some online flying and ones from a mission I’m working on.

These are from a mission I’m currently working on. It is just about finished.

4 Likes

Starting to get more serious about learning how to fly the helicopters. Here’s a signature Navynuke landing in the Huey:

10 Likes

2 Likes

I try to lose altitude by orbiting before landing. The moment things start to shake, I drop the nose as well.

I’m a fixed wing nerd IRL, I know zippity doo da about rotary winged aircraft.

3 Likes

@Navynuke99 I actually have been spending most of my time in DCS with the helicopters. You will enjoy them. Each one has such a different flight model and handling characteristics which make it so fun to fly them let alone learning the different systems. You see the maps in a whole different way as well…so many things to discover. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, there is nothing wrong with flying helos as long as I am taking off or going in a straight line. Its the whole turning and landing that kills me.
That’s Ok, just like the WW2 birds, one day I will just dedicate myself solely to flying choppers and learn them properly. I hope the Bo-105 will re-spark my interest.

Don’t give UP Navynuke99! We’re cheering you on from the sidelines… at a safe distance…

2 Likes

Skatezilla,
I appreciate you bringing us these screenies of the Hornet. However, I am confused. Please don’t take any of this as a “I want to know when”. It seems these Hornets are pretty close to done. Does this mean the one we are getting is close? Or does this mean Ai is getting close to done? Again, Im not looking for 2 weeks or two months… Just asking is it close. I think in the past some screenshots made me believe that it was imminent. That was a couple of years back.

I would caution against equating the model with the code. The model would need to be relatively complete before most (?) of the code would be. I would note that Wags has mentioned that the hydraulics system as seen some progress and has been included into the game (with the model). That kinda tells me that there is still some work to do - however I have no idea how many people are working on it or how far along all those other pieces are.

BTW: I think that you meant to post this in the other thread :-).

So I’d advise going back and taking another gander at Skate’s screenshots, because I think you’re confusing jets.

Skate’s been posting screenshots from his personal AI F/A-18E/F project, which is completely independent of the Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C.

They are not the same jet, any posts Skate’s making should not be considered related in any way to the progress of the ED F/A-18C.

1 Like

Any landing in a helicopter that doesn’t kill others is a good landing.

3 Likes

Ahhhh, Thanks Now, Im crystal clear now.

This is fine… everything is fine…

8 Likes