DCS South Atlantic WIP Video

Hey, right click and select don’t reccomend this channel is all it takes! :wink:

2 Likes

Yup, same here, but YT still seems to recommend them at times…

And there ya go! Thanks for that bit. Learn something every day.

3 Likes

I (oddly) had four grandfathers via divorces/deaths and remarriages, and grew up feeling their pain through oral histories. Two were officers on US destroyers fighting the IJN, both were in Tokyo harbor and one visited Hiroshima shortly after the bombing. Another was a P-51 pilot, was shot down over Germany and walked out to Allied lines in France. Finally, one was a USAF sergeant in Korea who saw ground combat on multiple occasions.

Each walked away with their own painful memories; I think it was well out above @Victork2 that I don’t apply those to the Japanese, Germans or Koreans that I have the pleasure of meeting today. I hope that we as humans can remember the cost of such wars.

All of that said, I do enjoy combat aviation sims-largely for the tech/nerdy side of it but also to remember and in my own way honor the reality it emulates.

2 Likes

We need better bikini models if that’s the case…

But, Just re-watched the entire season again… so I had to comment.

But Maybe I do a SCARAB attack boat… hahaha

Back on topic, it seems that the best way to gather intel on the South Atlantic terrain project is RAZBAM discord. Not much is available about the asset pack, but there is this image posted of the HMS Invincible by one of the moderators. No further comments. I find it extremely encouraging that we will have official ship assets from the '82 conflict.

I couldn’t help but tinker with it in LightRoom…

…and then compare it with the community mod.

And finally compare the lot with the actual lady in her glory.

8 Likes

RAZBAM Atlantic Update

mic drop :astonished: :astonished:

11 Likes

Well that is a stunner. For some reason I had expected the terrain to be circa Falklands war. The structures and equipment looked modern.

Holy guacamole! Looking pretty well baked. Interesting choice of objects shown. I think that the frigate at :44 and 3:08 is a Leander class, which participated in the Falklands conflict, but not the same class as the two Type 21s that were lost. Possibly they aren’t revealing anything from the add-on asset pack. Strike Eagle teaser for sure. Hearing most likely ED AI in vid. I believe that the built-up urban area was near an Argentine air base.

2 Likes

Per this summery of the interview done on the Air Combat Sim Podcast we are getting both. Razbam has been pretty consistent with showing off the South Atlantic map and I suspect this is just a progress update.

Holy cow, that’s goshdarnit good. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I’m already imagining Viggen strikes and Mossie strikes in those fjords. Probably the closest we will get to a Scandinavian map.

1 Like

1940ies North Sea Map would be fantastic :heart_eyes:

Less pollution and micro plastic then.

1 Like

It L :eyes:KS like we’re getting…CL :pray:SE

2 Likes

Had to rewatch the whole video of course :joy:

Edit:

2 Likes

Atlantic Conveyor is supposed to be part of the South Atlantic asset pack, but in the meantime…

2 Likes

It seems that PH has had early access. My oh my!

6 Likes

For some reason, that I can’t fully explain, the recent map discussion(s) had me thinking (oh no):

If you inverted the X coordinates of this map (DCS convention is X = UP) – you’d have a reasonable representation of this area:

Kinda? Sort of? Or how about this interchangeable ‘fantasy’ map(s)

Just need to allow the mission builder to change the place names. And swap out the trees?

I’ve been working too much lately…

5 Likes

Man i wish we could get the Balkan map that BMS has…

Taking off from Aviano heading east is such a great scenario.

6 Likes

Yeah, that video looked just like it was shot up here…

4 Likes