DCS South Atlantic

I’m glad to see so many people liking it! :smiley: It’s on my list- I will absolutely have it!

Anyways - with some luck the assets pack could be in before the year’s end.
Hopefully…

3 Likes

Way I read them about the assets, thought next patch we’d have some, with more to come later.

This is very much an EA release. I bet some content will be added, assets, missions, etc. These things take time. Just as polishing it and fixing the inevitable bugs will.

Also; Yo @Maico long time no see bruv! how you been?

3 Likes

This sounds really weird, but I’m stoked for lighthouses that actually function.

5 Likes

As a landmark in the mosquito :+1:

2 Likes

@schurem
Yes Sir! I’ve been away. Hard times are over and I’m back. Its hard to work 12 hours shift in front of a PC all day then come home and play in VR. I am getting old man.
I am on a disaster vacation. Was going to Australia but I bought a fake visa. Got that straight then my friends down there got COVID. Now I am booked for Phuket… lets see if I make it out… In the meantime, I have now got time and renewed interest in DCS.
So the Map…First, let me say, I am whining about the map. I thinks that to really showcase the map and give us the “OH WOW!” factor, ED should include at least a couple of missions with populated airfields and such. Yes, I understand Early Access (i did not whine about the Viper) and I love that the wait is over. But seriously… its just a hint to ED.

4 Likes

Yay playtime!!

Booooooo

5 Likes

Tell me about it- my SSD should have arrived yesterday and today I got a message “Oops it might never arrive LOL, try ask for a refund IDK?”

Nice… very professional.

5 Likes

Wow. Thats shocking.

Even if it turns up you should try and get a refund after that.

Oops. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah- it was even a reputable seller on Amazon, not a small town, side-street vendor

3 Likes

They deserve all they get then mate. Customer service is free to provide

3 Likes

Yeah, this install is RIDONCOULOUS. My DCS is nearly 400Gb.

5 Likes

I would love the ability to uninstall Caucasus Map to save room…Going to eventually uninstall Normandy Map…My second to least Map flown.Thinking of some modules also
*Yak
*Albatros
*Dora

5 Likes

I worry my fake aeroplanes will miss me if i uninstall them.

But ive never been quite right i suppose

5 Likes

Over 600 GB for me including downloaded liveries and mods. :crazy_face:

As far as this map is concerned, if they made it a 500 GB download with high res imagery I’d find the space for it. I hope they aren’t holding back the quality out of storage space concerns from people whining about it. If there’s some hard size limit for DCS that’s one thing. I’d like some clarification on this from the Developers. I noticed Syria and SA are almost the exact same size on disk (65 GB).

1 Like

Well whaddayaknow! It’s here!

10 Likes

600Gig! I beleive it. I have stopped downloading things i dont use, i.e. C-101 etc. I thinks we will need 1 TB M.2s by next year.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I guess you were preemptively pissed. LoL

1 Like

According to Raz_Specter they are trying to make a hi-res texture pack available for us. I hope ED works with them to make this happen!

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/302565-general-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=4986325

2 Likes

Heck yeah I was!

2 Likes

A really nice “chill” video of someone looking at the new DCS South Atlantic Map. Low level helicopter flight so you get to see quite a bit of the terrain features etc. It is 43 minutes but worth the look and you can of course pick different time stamps to view. He also shows nice and clearly his computer specs and what his framerates are, I believe in VR.

2 Likes