DCS South Atlantic

Does low level flying look bad since the map uses sat data?

1 Like

It occurred to me reading this that Baltic Dragon makes mission content for Razbam I believe?

Iā€™d bet heā€™s slammed trying to ship the new Raven One (which Iā€™m quite literally pining for), so missions may be coming yet.

3 Likes

I think that it depends a lot on your settings. Since I always fly in VR, Iā€™m challenged to get it to resemble the cinematic videos that content creators have uploaded. But some tweaking of the in game settings and in the OpenXR Toolkit (contrast 53, saturation 54), and Iā€™m at my happy place. For VR users, one thing that I noticed, at least on my 3080 based system, is that force reprojection on kills the fps, like 20-25 frames.

3 Likes

This

2 Likes

DCS A3 confirmed!

5 Likes

Of course it is. This HAS to mean someone, somewhere, is secretly turning 0ā€™s and 1ā€™s into a tropical jungle by-the-sea playground. Right?

1 Like

First flight around Stanley in the Gazelle today. Lovely. Performance pretty good on my 2080ti (as good as syria, better than marianas)

Very pretty map so far.

4 Likes

have just been flying around the middle of the south island following streams at about 20 feet in the hind ā€¦ great fun

3 Likes

Saw three BN2b at Stanley on first day of release

1 Like

I want to fly them!

1 Like

Didnā€™t see any of the fire trenches I helped dig

9 Likes

Would that be on Goose Green or elsewhere, if you are free to say?

2 Likes

And they call this a simulator?

6 Likes

Two around San Carlos, one south of Green Patch. Various sangars on stony hillsides.

7 Likes

Found a slew of grass/dirt strips on the Falklands with buildings, rocks outlining the runways, windsocks, and sometimes parked aircraft. There are a couple more that are just textures without objects at the moment.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s an idea of the mapā€™s progressā€¦

8 Likes

So I tested a couple of the grass strips. Too bumpy for the narrow-gear warbirds. Probably too short for the wide-gear warbirds. The Yak holds up to the abuse as usual, except I found out the Yak now has a damage model for the engine. Typical 11C 17knt Falklands weather, cruising at 1,000m and I wasnā€™t paying attention to my cooling shutters. Overcooled the cylinder heads and killed my engine. Ditched it next to my destination airfield.

Also the flaps are just gravity enhancers. No idea why they exist on that thing.

7 Likes

Thats some but not all of the airfields

Regarding adding terrain features, have a look at the pictures of the real thing. RAZBAM have done a pretty good job

1 Like

I found one or two more. Theyā€™re hard to pick up because they arenā€™t marked on the MAP view like they are on other maps. I asked if Razbam plans on smoothing those strips out on the Discord but it looks like no one noticed my question.

2 Likes