DCS: Syria

Really depends on the mission. I’ve done a short Ka-50 hop in the Black Sea with limited ops outside my flight and I don’t breach 40%. Then I do a mission on PG with multiple flights and ships and ground targets and it’s 75%.

DCS really cares about how complex a mission is as far as RAM footprint.

1 Like

It seems the map is getting embiggenizered before it’s even in our grubby hands. RAF Akrotiri is happening baby!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4453406&postcount=166

Yay!

10 Likes

The water expansion covers a chunk of where Cyprus will be, so in terms of map area - it’s not much more to add above the water expansion for all of Cyprus. Just alot of work!

Edit: Look at Wags’ map view and trace the Northern coast on this map highlighting Cyprus (from Wikipedia):

3 Likes

As long as it covers “34/34” (34º00’00"N / 034º00’00"E) - and it apparently does - we are good to go.

Back in the day (1986-87) that was the position of what we unofficially referred to as “Bagel Station”. The carrier would “MODLOC” around that point while we flew missions off Lebanon. Far enough away to keep out of or intercept any threats; close enough in to fly without too much tanking. My carrier never saw any real action…intercepted a CBS-chartered Kingair once…that was about it.

(No, we didn’t shoot it down. Just waved it off.)

4 Likes

Wags’ cursor sits at
N33°46’11”
E35°24’06”

Which is just off shore of Beirut. Bagel station appears to be North East of where a line South from Larnaca, Cyprus and West from Beirut would intercept over water. So getting all of Cyprus puts that definitely on the map!

My sister was on her first tour with UNIFIL, back then.

1 Like

Yikes…it was much safer out on the water. Thank her for her service.

1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

This is my first proper look at the map. How far down does it go? MAN! I cant wait. MiG-17 Confirmed! :wink:

Where did you get that? Did I miss something?

My Immagination. Its a JOKE. My insinuation being is What is this map without the Fresco?
And still I go to bed at night hoping one day Bellsimtek will say “We decided to do the MiG-17F”

Fencer! Fencer! Fencer!

C’mon!! Believe!!

Fitters and Floggers and Flagons, oh my!

1 Like

hmm, a -27 would be fun indeed. Fast like a viggen, a pit like a -21 and a brrrt almost like an A-10 :slight_smile: What’s not to love?

1 Like

Syria launches next patch - 19th per ED Facebook!

Edit: that’s this week! :grin:

2 Likes

Follow up: Syria is about 47GB itself - so then there is the rest of the update!

F L A S H NEWS
DCS: Syria Map Coming 19 August 2020

We are excited to announce that the DCS: Syria Map will launch into Early Access on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. Ugra Media has put an extraordinary amount of work into this map, and we believe the Syria map videos have shown this. It’s an incredibly varied map with boundless mission opportunities.

Upon Early Access release on Wednesday, the 30% discount will end and be replaced with a 20% Early Access period discount. If you wish to take advantage of the 30% savings, you will need to act soon and visit the store page at:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c…syria_terrain/

Thank you for your passion and support, and we’ll see you in the skies,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

4 Likes
  1. So that blows away any other map, and in fact is almost as big as Black Sea and PG combined!
3 Likes