DCS World Fly-In Save The Date: November 12-13

I am still trying to cram out some sort of helicopter mission but the deadline might be a little too close.

I’ve got a workshop mission good to go, I just need to hammer out what I actually want to teach :thinking:.

I’ve been either out of town or out until midnight every night since last Thursday, so obviously this has made finishing things rather difficult.

1 Like

Same here. This past week has been heck on my online schedule.

1 Like

Please note that the latest Open Beta DCS WOrld 1.5.5 build has the following issues. Not sure if we want to go to that version for this weekend or not.

##Known major issues:

• SA342 Gazelle module is not working in this Open Beta build.
  • Mouse cursor is visible on mission start in FC’s cockpits
  • RadioCommandDialogPanel error when few MP client are in one group
  • L-39: RadioCommandDialogPanel error when MP client second time occupied the rear cockpit
  • Sometime manpad unit does not fire
  • User Tactical Mark doesn’t cleared for new clients
  • Oculus: bottom buttons on multiplayer GUI are not clicable

Ohhh poo. I am not one as i am a sharkey, but there are quite a few here that love gazelle…

So how does one stop the update from occurring if we wish to go down this route?

you can convert your install to the stable branche and enjoy 1.5.4 for another week

@Fridge the fly-in is next week and usually occurs on the stable branche anyway.

2 Likes

Oi Blin, it’s this week, isn’t it?

So the near_blind super awesome server forever will be running…

The Zone of Truculence

A friendly intelligence gathering ship has been disabled and drifted into hostile waters. A rescue mission is underway, but will require air cover. Hostile MiGs are in the area, and have exhibited hostile behavior. Good Luck. (Player F-15s, M2Ks, MiG-21s, MiG-28s, Su-27s)

Untitled WWII Mission #48

Break out your tail dragger hand book and warm up your stick and rudder skills for old fashioned axis vs allies action. (P-51, Me-109, Fw-190)

Saber’s vs MiGs

This is self explanatory. (MiG-15, F-86)

Generic Mudspike Fly-in Mission

That one I keep using because I’m lazy (Everything!)

Operation Bactria
At 1800 UTC Saturday I’ll be running Operation Bactria in what will hopefully be a somewhat tactical fashion. (A-10C).

Also for anyone interested, I’m willing to throw up a workshop on how to fight as BVR as a two aircraft element Thursday evening.

1 Like

Any chance for this on friday or any other day of the weekend?

1 Like

No point in having it Thursday if no one’s gonna be there :laughing:

Yeah, if people like I can move it.

1 Like

2 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to this! I’m ok with air-starts, since folks will get annoyed fast with taking off in these bad boys, but please leave a few ramp start slots for us purists.

Directions unclear…

0600 UTC on which day?

SUBSCRIBE

Saturday. I accidentally a word.

Air Starts? Air Starts! I ain’t got no air starts. We don’t need no air starts. I ain’t got to show you no stinking air starts.

1 Like

It’d be nice if we could get a graphic showing the schedule of what missions will be running at what times on each server.

If no one has done it by the time I’m off work, I’ll look into doing it myself.

2 Likes

I approve of this response.

2 Likes

I’ll start coordinating that. It probably won’t get done until tomorrow PM - I’ve got a cub-scouts meeting to attend to tonight.

I will hopefully have a helicopter mission (mostly BlackShark and Gazelle) ready for the weekend. Maybe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, but how would you phrase that?

A vicinity (or area, or perimeter) within which one might expect to find some threatening source of potential harm, which some might construe or define as “dangerous”.

Alllrighty then. Got @Chuck_Owl’s guide loaded up. What could go wrong?! :wink:

2 Likes