DCS World Fly-In Save The Date: November 12-13

1 Like

One thing to make sure you’re familiar with for the Bactria mission is waypoint entry into the CDU. Once you check in at the IP, you’ll be given a grid for the scenario location and must input the grid into a waypoint to get there. It’s certainly not difficult but maybe something that isn’t required by a lot of missions and thus might warrant a review of the waypoint entry.

That being said, I’m sure we’ll have plenty of help available real time as well if someone is having trouble.

1 Like

Can I make a kind request and ask to include the extra skins I made for the community? Pretty please? :wink:

4 Likes

Any missions that I should master in the A-10C? One of the standalone or instant action ones that force me to learn all the systems?

Honestly, the hardest thing is realizing that everything is so slooowwwwwwww. No Mach 1 flight at all…

I think the instant action Easy - spring Georgia has the opertunity to try all the weapons and stuff. If you really want to be forced to use all the systems… you could try The Enemy Within.

1 Like

So whats the final verdict, are we downloading the latest partch?

Awesome cheers!

I’m getting the hang of the A-10C, not sure how I’ll handle in a dodgy situation but atleast I can sometimes fire a Maverick.

@Bogusheadbox Several of us are already on 1.5.5, but you can always downgrade later on!

Coolio, i have @SkateZilla 's handy tool, so i will upgrade now. I guess it wont take long to backtrack to previous version

So riddle me this, I got the TGP marked on a target location, the MAV seeker is slaved to the TGP, when i press TMS UP LONG it doesn’t lock the maverick, but as soon as I slight move it it slides back on the target again. Very annoying. What am I doing wrong?

Okay, when slaved to the TGP you still have to TMS UP SHORT :sweat_smile:.

Nevada is actually perfect for learning to fly DCS Aircraft :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It is a bit of a learning curve.
But it is logical for the most part, and the A-10C is very capable and rewarding to use once you get used to all that stuff.

I’ve long thought of a poll: how many times on average do you press TMS UP SHORT to lock a Maverick? 1, 3, 5, >9? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Isn’t the correct answer, “yes?”

2 Likes

oh yeah locking the maverick is like…

@aginor if it aint locking and you think the target will stay stationary you could also try to use the force correlate function.

1 Like

Only if the target is REALLY big.
At least in real life. You will most likely even miss a building from only 3 miles away, according to real world tests.

I just got done re-coding the entire thing from scratch retaining only gfx elements.

manage all installs from a single exe now…

I was getting a chuckle when AGM65 Keyhole was implemented.

PPL used to slinging mavericks like its battlefield 3 couldnt understand why they kept missing and blamed it on ED claiming the Missile was nerfed.

Too bad we didn’t get laser mavs. Hopefully we’ll get them with the Hornet.

2 Likes

F/A-18s only used E and Fs, and Fs are Retired now, but they were still in Service in the late 90s so…

Can the Air Force still drop the mighty ban hammer on the E model if it’s not the A-10?

1 Like