DCS Yak-52

Well, it doesn’t have one, so you should be good. :wink:

6 Likes

No, but it apparently does have a pickle button!

1 Like

Great module…feels so real. :wink:

Maybe some day it will :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wha… What!?! I thought it was supposed to be underpowered?

My gut feeling is that this module will be available for a good discount at some point given the polarised feedback from the community…so I’ll stand by for now and let nature take its course first. :slightly_smiling_face:

WHEW! That was a close one.

Also:
2fbbsd

8 Likes

Comrade, we need moar dakka!

da tovarich polkovnik, it shall be done!

(I hope y’all dont mind I reposted that to the ED forum, I bet it will get some hearty laughs up there in Moskva)

1 Like

It was a lot of work putting it on imgflip. :grin: Of course it’s cool.

:rofl:

1 Like

2fbcxv
2fbcyw
2fbd2e
2fbd37
2fbd8l
2fbd5s
2fbd6j

8 Likes

I guess we will see. :wink:

I was neutral when Yak was anounced. But now I am interested after I watched trailer.

Same for me like with the Hornet, with the diference that I ended neutral even after Hornet release trailer :sunglasses:

Its cool to see another civi plane in D Combat S :slight_smile:

I am really trying not to complain (but I am), I was hoping for more of a $15-$20 plane, no bonus points. I know dev costs are high, but they did make this for some other company and where allowed to share it with us. So it seems the public release is nearly pure bonus money for them.

I try to stay pretty balanced in my view of what companies charge for their DLC, I would rather have options to purchase later, rather than a game released and then dropped.

It just seems like a aircraft that few are interested in and would not be there if another entity paid them to do it, it would not exist. I see it as a plane that you putz around with for a day or two then move on. IDK sorry to rant. I’m glad that some can justify the cost and are having fun.

I don’t know why I am compelled to make these posts… tis the internet I guess

2 Likes

…but sure, 20 as a price tag would be always welcomed

1 Like

All your points are certainly valid. The Yak is a nice little airplane to putz around in. It will be a great airplane to use when introducing someone to VR flying for the first time as the cockpit looks good, and nothing happens too fast. You could say the same for the A10C though! :smile:

Should it be priced at $40? Personally I think it should be about $25-$30. With bonus points, it seems like an ok purchase at $28.

How much will I fly it? Probably not much once the novelty wears off, but time will tell.

1 Like

You are now starting to understand women and shoes.

8 Likes

I got 5 bucks that says you buy the Chisten Eagle the week of release.

2 Likes

I’ve reworded and deleted a pricing ramble a couple of times now…

In really simplified terms, the key points I wanted to make are:

• I’d like the developers to make enough money to keep at it and do well so they can keep making new quality content.
  • On the other hand, I don’t want crazy corporate extortion DLC policies (EA’s loot boxes).
  • We don’t see the profit margin or operating costs, therefore we can’t say anything definitive about the price vs. margin from a business perspective.
  • In terms of gameplay, anyone can participate and contribute to many missions with the free Su-25T (only on Caucasus – but this is still a popular map) so there’s no need to regularly pay money to stay effective or take part in the fun.
  • Therefore, any module you buy is because you want to play that particular module (seems obvious but is actually an important point - compare ‘freemium’ games where to be effective you need to pay).
  • ‘What something is worth’ varies greatly from person to person.
  • In my subjective opinion, the DLCs are priced fairly – especially with the semi-regular discounts.
  • Ultimately DCS is a comparatively cheap hobby (think squash courts, boats, model aeroplanes, beekeeping gear perhaps).

To me, it is good to see the ‘price push-back’ online conversation in the community, not because it is necessarily justified but because it should keep the developers a little bit aware of the potential ramifications of getting it wrong…a moral anchor of sorts to keep them pricing fairly.

The biggest risk I see isn’t module prices, but the ‘moving on to the next thing’-factor. It has been discussed to death elsewhere but the obvious pitfall of the ‘early access’ payment model is that there’s little financial incentive to finalise modules if most of the profit comes in on day 1.

Anyway, ramble ramble :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to getting the Yak at some point.

1 Like

Oh wait!! Them are the L39 gun pods?? Oh we are all safe. Back to work.