DCS Yak-52

If you need custom textures…

1 Like

But back on topic… how would it look a Japanese WWII era skin on the Yak52?:thinking:

2 Likes

I was thinking maybe an American Pre-war Navy scheme, with the blue and yellow? Something like this:

5 Likes

Can do…

Actually- just ask here and let’s see what I can do.

I should get from a good friend of mine (PorcoRosso86 from the ED forums) his templates to start cranking stuff out.

If ya’ll manage I’d like to get some codes for the colours, it’ll cut the time I need to find them.
:smiley:

1 Like

Prewar%20color

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_us.htm

2 Likes

Yup, it’s a CJ-6A and they draw their roots back to the Yak-18. That one has an after-market prop. Could indicate they re-engined it with something new. Usually, CJs have a two bladed prop infront of their HS-6A. But the HS-6A is a copy of the Ivchenko AI-14 and that was further developed into the Vedeneyev M14P, so there are a few CJs out their with the same engine as the Yak-52 since M14P takes up about the same amount of real estate as the HS-6A.

@BeachAV8R needs to buy this and have an artist paint Beach above the current art. Interesting comment about snap rolls and the vertical stab.

1 Like

Yes they did. There was a “neutral” side IIRC and any aircraft you put into that category would show up in your HUD and HDD as a different symbol other than enemy or friendly. Somewhere along the line ED removed that out.

2 Likes

LOL! Listen to this guy’s commentary. He is spot on. :wink:

4 Likes

@BeachAV8R I have seen the Yak in the video several times. Flying W isn’t far away from me and several friends base planes there. It’s a party airport with an outdoor bar, a hotel, a “W” shaped pool with a view of the flying action and concerts on the weekends. His comment about snaps is almost universal when someone is trying to sell airplanes. When you’re in the market you’ll hear “…and she’s never been snapped!” quite often. (And usually its bs. Not snapping is like eating your veggies and but not touching the lasagna.)

2 Likes

I was about to preparing the ground work for the Pre-War Navy Scheme @Navynuke99 suggested and
I was thinkig to also make a Val like skin,immagine

but also something like this:

and something like this?

and maybe this one too…

Any other suggestion?

Someone against any of these?

DISCLAIMER: I can only do this thank to the invaluable help of @PorcoRosso86!
He’s the genius behind the templates. I might be ok at painting but I could never make my own templates. :smiley:
Thanks buddy I owe you quite some… :wink:

3 Likes

thanks dude @komemiute , you know is always a pleasure!
I seen some stuff which can fit well with this plane

or like this, existing a lot of liveries for the yak

i’ve just finish this, real paintscheme from a spanish private

5 Likes

Always awesome work man- :+1:

Also- nice suggestions! :smiley:

2 Likes

Always enjoy this guy’s videos. I know we’ve all talked before about how gorgeous DCS terrain is with the new graphics engine but take a look at this video while the pilot is flying at DCS Yak-52 height; notice how detailed and beautiful the terrain engine is?

Haha I loved the capital C part…

WIP

8 Likes

The tank or the plane?:smiley:

Had my first opportunity to fly the Yak-52 tonight. I wanted this to be the first plane that I tried out in VR prior to checking it out in 2D…and I was suitably impressed. It has been a while since I updated DCS, so I went through that process - and I’m a bit fuzzy on what the ideal VR settings are right now for my particular rig (i7 and 1080 card). I picked some middle of the road settings except I maxed out the cockpit resolution display (whatever that means) and set the pixel density to 2.0 I think in DCS World. Everything else was sorta medium to low-medium…

First off - wow…I love, love, love that Sperry type ball ADI…that blue over brown attitude indicator would probably kill me in 20 seconds in hard IFR until I adapted to it. Very funky to grapple with. The resolution, even in VR is fantastic…and the details and texturing are fantastic.

The cold start tutorial went well. It looks like a fairly straightforward airplane from a systems standpoint. The voiceover and instructions are good…sounding very Russian. Once the cold start was over, I couldn’t resist just taking it for a spin with no knowledge…

The paddle for brakes with rudder is a well practiced Russian technique by now…so no surprises there. Flaps, gear, and brakes all must use an air accumulator since you get the whooshing sounds with activation of all of those systems. The sounds are fantastic.

Easing in the power, there isn’t really a whole lot of rudder dancing necessary. Either the short prop or the lower HP engine or the tricycle gear helping means this isn’t a P-51 or Spitfire delicate procedure for getting airborne…the thing is more docile than that. Very pleasant.

I only mapped the bare minimum stuff. Elevator trim and the main control surfaces. There doesn’t appear to be aileron trim unless I couldn’t find the mapping for it. It is pretty much a 100% hands on airplane anyway though. I did a circuit, coming back around and landed with no problems…guessing at airspeeds and flying what felt right. I didn’t break the flaps or gear…so I must have been in the ballpark. Again, pretty docile on rollout. Took it back around for another with the same result. Pulled only around 3Gs and didn’t wring it out.

So far I’m very impressed and it is a fun airplane to fly.

11 Likes

And interesting coment below the vid :

Robert SogomonianPred 5 dňami

Great video. I picked the Yak up hoping to get some General Aviation practice out of DCS World because X-Plane’s flight model just feels wrong and I’ve been using the TF-51 because it feels more ‘realistic’. Great to have feedback on this module from someone that actually owns the plane. I fly Cessna 172 and 182s primarily and while I know these planes are a bit higher performance (heh) the flight characteristics just feel like what I would expect in the real world whereas the X-Plane aircraft just feel ridiculous.

What feels wrong about X-Plane? I always thought it felt pretty good.