Deadstick Bush Flightsimulator...

If it succeeds, it will really have to succeed for the gameplay moreso than the scenery or flight modeling. There are plenty of sims out there that have that area saturated, but none of them have really given a purpose to flying (other than virtual airlines and add-ons such as Air Hauler). To make a compelling game out of a sim is a challenge (Dovetail Flight, CAP2, etc…all have not really managed to do it). I have high hopes, but they will need to ship it with lots to do.

6 Likes

There was small statement released on steam at the beginning of July but haven’t heard much about this since. I didn’t get picked for the testing. Did you get in @BeachAV8R?

I’m getting a little worried about this one. It’s taking a long time and not heard much in the way of news or teasers. Perhaps they are a little way off yet still but I thought the beta sign up was encouraging as to the progress.

There are some updates on their Facebook page.
The latest one only a few of days ago.

1 Like

Ah I’m not on Facebook so that would explain a lot! Cheers :+1:

No…wasn’t lucky enough to get into a beta group. I’m anxiously waiting as well…

2 Likes

EA should be soon, there’s no indication that they’re Beta testing on the discord chat.

2 Likes

Yeah…I noticed their Facebook and Twitter accounts went sort of silent in late July…

The discord I joined in an attempt to get in the beta test is the same. Pretty quiet. I mentioned in July that news was getting thin on the ground and now I’m unfortunately very worried about this.

I had some great ideas for gameplay that I emailed to the devs in the hope of getting a response but they didn’t answer. (I thought they were great ideas)

So we can blame you right? You were the final straw. They became horticulturists after your e-mail. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

100 percent yes.

Loot boxes. Pay to win aircraft. Premium paintjobs. Paid day 1 DLC. Share this game with Facebook friends button embedded on the plane control stick in place of the RT button. A premium currency only usable on 3rd sundays of the month and purchased by credit card.

Yes @BeachAV8R it was me! Mwahahahahaha

mwahahahah-my-plan

4 Likes

Well that sucks, totally unplayable without Facebook games in the virtual cockpit. 0/10 would not buy

3 Likes

It seems that this is shaping like strong competition for Fighter Ops :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Clear! Come on baby.

2 Likes

Thats a bit premature I’d say. Give the guy a chance.

1 Like

The devs just posted on their FB page that they are attending the flightsim show in Cosford.

3 Likes

They attended last year as well. It was an interesting presentation

3 Likes

That’s encouraging!

3 Likes

Has anyone heard a peep from the Deadstick developers since Cosford? Can I officially hang up my hopes for this one? Seems like they were so far along… :frowning:

2 Likes

No, you may not!
They’ve been silent for long periods of time before.

2 Likes

I’m fading on this one too. It showed a lot of promise too. I was very excited for this title but the excitement is waning if I’m honest

Even just post a few screenshots every week or so. Doesn’t have to be anything incredible. But at least let us know the project is still kicking

2 Likes