DiRT Rally 2.0 League - Discussion

Stage 1 - went flying off into the same tree @Elby probably flew into right at the end of the stage, caught a small 9 second penalty.

Stage 2 - Went flying off a hill rolling all the way, recovered for a 1 minute penalty… then another 9 at the end.

Wales always gives me trouble, at least I wasn’t fighting the car. Overall I doubt I put up a great time

3 Likes

I finished up Aus, despite retiring one of the stages and started to get my mojo back from stage 6. With no chance to win the rally it was good to chance to put some times down and try and minimise the difference and put down some times to beat.

On to Wales. I took the Stratos as its an epic car, though this was the first time driving it. I’m not sure I like the driving position as it felt like I was way too close to the front of the car.

With Wales, there’s a couple of really nice long stages that flow, not so much to bite you as Scotland and if its dry its quick. I’ve finished, currently leading, but I’m not sure how those times will hold up as a few of the stages when it was raining, I had backed right off.

4 Likes

This was the one that cost me a 1 minute penalty
3x13ja

4 Likes

And still all the people are cheering…

3 Likes

Richard Hammond would approve! :rofl:

Wheels

2 Likes

Here is the promised video. Not great but my best stage in Australia, stage #7

Will start Wales tomorrow.

3 Likes

Looks fast to me :+1:

2 Likes

Ran the first stage in Wales. Had a spin early on due to over-enthusiasm, but calmed down after that and ended up within 3 seconds of Keets at the end.

Then I got the dreaded “Connection Lost” message. Looking at the website my time uploaded, but in-game it’s saying I’ll loose my progress if I exit out to the main menu. Still sitting there trying it every now and then, but no luck so far. :grimacing:

The most fun rally I’ve had so far is when Keets and I were within 5 seconds of each other at the end of Argentina, and given that we’re within 3 seconds of each other after the first stage here, I’m really looking forward to another run like that. Just hope that Racenet will oblige!

2 Likes

Just a few more degrees and I should have RaceNet completely jammed!

4 Likes

I just calibrated my 1:1 G27 wheel to DR2 input. It’s 540 degrees more or less. Easy to remember because it’s 360 + 180. I should have done this a long time ago.

Sorry to get too technical here but if you set your G27’s Degrees of Rotation to 540, your sim wheel on screen should match your actual wheel. I find car handling seems more bang on with this setting …

Oh, and that “Allow Game To Adjust Settings” doesn’t affect anything. I just left it off because …

4 Likes

I had a rough go of the Australia rally. When my car was ok, it was quick. Problem was it wasn’t ok very often. I was down on power starting in stage 2. Stage 3 was me dragging the car around. Stage 4, well I repaired the engine but not the Turbo, turns out it’s got zero power without the Turbo. Eventually I even broke something in the steering. So no power, terrible steering, but still somehow running.

I took all the repair penalties I could, One point I could fix the power, but not the steering, that was a fun 3 stages :smiley:

When I could get repairs I would get a few green sectors in, but man I kept thrashing the crap out of the car. I just kept limping on, points for finishing I suppose, but it was grueling.

2 Likes

I should have known! :rofl:

(Still no luck yet.)

2 Likes

Short trucks!

4 Likes

Same here. :slightly_smiling_face: Fingers crosses you get it sorted.

2 Likes

If the website is already showing the result you should be safe to return to the main menu.
I did that a few times.

2 Likes

Finished Wales.
I couldn’t keep up with @keets. Awesome times, man!

My chosen ride was the BMW, I tested some of the others in that class and I have to admit that the BMW is the only one I can halfway handle. :smiley:

I slowed down a bit and it really was worth it. I didn’t crash (well, except that one time, see below) and I didn’t spin too often. Sadly I have a talent for hopping up some ledge in a turn and getting stuck so that cost me around half a minute to a minute combined.
Positive though: I needed very few repairs, unlike in the last few rallies where I spun and grinded and rolled the car.

I am in the process of uploading videos of my best stages (#2 and #7, in stage #7 I beat @keets!!!) and a little accident I had with a gate. I was lucky, the BMW is robust. My new favorite RWD car.

Awesome rally, but exhausting.

4 Likes

Here are the videos, enjoy!

Stage 2:

Stage 7:

Plowing through a gate:

4 Likes

At least you plowed that gate over. No matter what, when in Wales, I wrap my car around one of those big white and red gate/poles, I hate those things so much.

3 Likes

I did have a close call with one of those, during one of the rain stages I slipped into it. Thankfully I was going sideways and had already lost a lot of speed.

2 Likes

Great videos Aginor and good times, especially stage 7 :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve not driven the BMW yet and I now want to give it a try.

They’re actually markers put there by the forestry guys to mark where there are HT power lines. That’s why there’s two, so it doesn’t matter which way you are travelling.

I bet I know which one you hit, I think it’s at the top of that climb in a slight right hand turn where there’s a jump, you land and either slam into it or hit the pile of logs.

3 Likes