Elite Dangerous Thread

Steam downloaded the full 2.3 update (10.5 gb) then started the download over, I thought that was weird so I went to the downloads folder and the update is there… the problem is, when I try to start ED, Steam tells me I need to download 2.3 still. Its like Steam didn’t install the update…

I’m trying to fix DCS lol so I’ll try that link in a bit.

verify your cache on elite, might help

Wow! Fligth suit and tattoo for sale! :open_mouth: Wasn’t expecting that.
At least they are cheap-o.

Some of the stuff…

New Pulse Light skins for Anaconda and Python.

2 Likes

ooh, that’s pretty nice.

Shiny.

Now to see if my laptop can run this…

One day I’ll get the time to get back to this,

I bought it, played the training, then pood, my free time when bye bye.

Nice but reminds me too much of this stereotype:
https://youtu.be/3tBnupnQxYg?t=3s

Hoping they add some additional headgear options, a baseball cap or trucker hat would be great for Holo-Me CMDR_Kludger:

3 Likes

Running some tourist missions and getting to see some of the local sights as well that you may not know existed.

2 Likes

Welp I suppose I can check this off the list… :unamused:

5 Likes

I haven’t been back to this in a while, keep meaning to. I haven’t even crafted my own frog-like visage as yet either. :frog:

Has anyone done any single ship multiplayer yet? How is it?

1 Like

I logged in and set my holovatar but that’s it. The amount of time required to really participate or do much of consequence keeps me playing other stuff that requires less of a commitment.

1 Like

I have to admit the grind has killed the game for me. That plus mangled public events and huge updates that add nothing to the game for me personally has really dampened my enthusiasm.

The key to this game is to NOT worry about the grind.

The smaller ships offer all that you need.

Exploring, the asp is perfect.
Hauling the t6 will do it for you.
Fighting, the vulture is the best dogfighter, the asp can be deadly too.
Big ship with multipurpse in mind, well you dont need to go bigger python.

Any bigger than that and you can’t dock at outposts.

The key to the game is rank and standing. Do more missions with the same provider and as your standing increases, so does the pay out. max standing may pay you millions versus medium standing that may pay a couple of 100,000.

If you want money quick there are plenty of you tube videos that will show allowed exploits for massive amount of money. (but be assured, racing to the annaconda via exploit will diminish your fun factor)

As for the update, yes it really didn’t add much for me on the surface. Yes i made an avatar, no i still haven’t done multiplayer. So not a lt was gained for me. However, i do realise that the last patch is a needed precursor to something big, and if we get an fps module to elite… that will be fricken amazing.

To be honest, i am confident we will get an fps section. As star citizen is hyping its version 3.0 in the next few months with planetary landings, Elite unfortunately will have to pull a rabbit out f its hat to combat that.

I would prefer elite as it has larger payable verse (by countless multiple factors) and real sized planetary bodies where star citizen only has gamey sized planetary bodies.

2 Likes

What elite needs IMO is a player/necessity run market like eve or to some extent like the X Games.

You want something made, you provide the resources yourself or post your own missions for others to complete for you to get the resources.

Otherwise let the station get it for you at a cost and the station will assign npc traffic to get it for you creating propper npc traffic that can be pirated.

This will create a propper fluctuating market providing diversity and a reason to be a miner.

Moving modules and ships. That too will create npc traffic. If that ship is destroyed, so is your ship r module. This will create supply lines to be pirated/protected.

3 Likes

The grind is all there is I guess is the problem. Either you have a crap ton off time and are part of a group who has an in-game faction, at which point you’re grinding rep, or you’re grinding rep/rank for yourself, or you’re grinding for a new ship or modules or engineers. Or you’re just exploring which is a different kind of game.

Nothing in this game is quick, which isn’t exactly bad, but there’s no real goal short of the community ones, to give purpose to the people who don’t have forever and a day to play.

I get that it’s sandbox like. I don’t have a problem with that. I just don’t have the time to play it with that open-endedness. I need goals for the little time I can put into it, otherwise I play other things where I k kw what I’m aiming for and can actually achieve it in that time.

1 Like

Despite his insane passion for the F111, I’m all for what @Bogusheadbox said.
The main thing is, don’t worry about stats or anything.

Fly like you’re there, not to be somewhere else.
But then again I come from a long passion for D&D (pen, paper and dice version)…

1 Like

Kill two birds with one stone there.

Base yourself out of a station, E.g Skrippo. Then look at who is offering missions (who they are, what faction they represent and do they do shady stuff like smuggling or stand up stuff.)

Then just do missions for those guys.

There are stringed missions to be had so you can get a little story if you pick up one of these. You will earn money, your standing will rapidly increase and you will get a variety of stuff to do as single player as well as see the local sights.

Add to this your faction and reputation to this one person will both increase and you will see the monetary value increase as well.

Oh I know. Already done that. Max faction rep with the leaders there.

2 Likes