Elite Dangerous Thread

Yup - according to that it will take 1,229 jumps!

I’ll get started later and, well, see you next year! :confounded:

1 Like

Never heard of a neutrino highway!

https://www.spansh.co.uk/

1 Like

Neat. I didn’t know neutron stars boosted jump distance. I clearly don’t play enough.

Don’t forget your scanners. Might as well make some money off the trip, right?

Also, if you could somehow bring an extra Advanced Discovery Scanner, it’d be greatly appreciated…

What a great website.

Yes, I’d though of that - I’ll see if I can find the ADS

Any high tech system stations in the Bubble should have them. And don’t forget the Detailed Surface Scanner.

I began to write an exploration guide as well… Hang on.

1 Like

I reckon I’m going to have to hang around another day or two and earn some more cash first, to get all the add-on bits I need.

Right now I have just about enough to buy the ship - with trading in my scout. It’s a shame my old bounty-hunting friend isn’t playing atm - he’s got a big badass ship and is in a position to take on most bad guys - I just pop in a few shots and then get a nice big share of the bounty :grin:

1 Like

Sorry to bother you, I do play every night a bit of Elite and wouldn’t mind team up to help you, if so you wish…
Let me know.

1 Like

I was actually going to tag you in this, @komemiute.

HAHAHAH no worries. I know I can be annoying and my spoken english is a bit more a-english than I like- so I alwys prefer to give people the option to leave me out.
Yep, I’m THAT considerate…

1 Like

Fine by me!

I’m at Aulin Enterprise now - did a few jobs today to add a million or so to my balance. So now I have the Diamondback Explorer and have upgraded the FSD to a 5B unit (jump range 21LY laden and 22 empty).

The Advanced System Scanners are available here, too - at 1,595,000cr each. Might take a while - cos with wanting one myself, that’s 3 million to make up. There is hardly any cargo space on the ship (it’s meant for exploring, so there wouldn’t be) and it’s definitely no fighter, either - so I’ll be looking for smuggling jobs, I think.

Intermediate scanners were around 500,000cr, so I may settle for one of those, we’ll see how it goes.

I would wait until you can afford the advanced scanner. It has unlimited range and will earn you many times its price in no time. You just dont want to spend time searching for planets.

With modules you should be only looking for two grades. IIRC A or D modules. D class has the less weight, and all the others will be heavier. A modules cost a fortune but work the best and can match the weight of D modules.

So don’t A module everything unless you have to.

1 Like

For your FSD you’re definitely going to want an A-class: B-class modules are the strongest, but have the most mass, which works against your max jump range.

Right - I’ll hang around a bit longer and see what I can scrape together. My current jobs usually net me about 100-200,000cr - that’s mostly couriering - and I’m amazed at how few interdiction attempts I’ve had.

Oh - on that, I picked up a couple of tactics when I was on the other day - the first one, I was keeping an eye on the chat when one of those cocky pirate-style messages came up (you know “what have we here?” or similar) so I instantly emergency-dropped out of supercruise. 1% hull damage is nothing, so not worried about that - and by the time he dropped out my FSD was a couple of seconds from being ready and I shot off again.

The second one, I was approaching a planet with a resource ring (or asteroid belt I think we used to call them). As soon as the guy started trying to interdict, I ignored the escape vector and headed straight for the asteroid belt. Emergency dropped automatically when I got close, and the bad guy was nowhere to be seen.

Both methods entered in the Captain’s Log for future reference.

1 Like

Spent the whole afternoon carooning around the Galaxy and got enough for one advanced scanner, yet didn’t get a single attempted interdiction. Amazing.

It will probably be a couple more days before I start the journey, as it’s become clear I need a better powerplant and distributor, too.

1 Like

Shot you a request, might be getting back in to the game here and I’m usually down to team up on stuff.

Yes, I’ll do the same.

• I’ve tried adding both of you but not found! :cry:

Sent you a request.