Elite Dangerous Thread

Congrats :clap:

Right on, Commander! :+1:

Guys- had my very first contact with the 'goids.

Oh. Feck.

It was extremely hair-raising, but luckily I was… clean- so it didn’t attack me or anything else.
The problem it happened in the bubble.
I really wasn’t expecting it…

Was it one of the systems on the map that was showing as having Thargoid interference, or was it just randomly out and about? And were you hyperdicted, or did you drop in on a Non-Human Signal Source? I’m still out at the Gnosis, and it may be a while before I’m back in, as my control bindings have all mysteriously wiped themselves, and I can’t get any of the profiles I’ve created or downloaded to be recognized in game.

It’s a system with some Engineers or another… a few Light-Clicks from the Engineer base I found a huge refueling giant-ship damaged by Thargoids.

The first time I dropped by I only found Support & Evacuation ships taking away personnel and stuff.
Having saved some Personal Life Pods I went to free them on the closest Coriolis station and went back…

BAM- there it was sniffing at the lumbering hull like a bee with a flower.
It took me a while to realise it was actually a Thargoid.

I literally froze.

I know, it sounds stupid but it was so unexpected…
I know, stupid again—if the ship shows corrosive damage on the hull and the typical green cloud surronding it- maybe Thargoids ARE to be expected, no?!

So- I was there, finally connecting the dots and figuring out that octagonal shape is the infamous T and it comes close, gives me a poke and pointing some oversized beam in my generic direction…

After a few seconds it sort of sighs and * WHOOPS * jumps away.
All the while my ships is incapable to fix its sensor on the thing and it simply gives me corrupted data on the MFDs.

But the sounds- guys… Hat’s off to the sound engineers.

Tonight I’ll upload some pics…

Here… My ship, the Binary Bard

And the encounter