Elite Dangerous Thread

Once, a bad planetary landing when I didn’t pay attention to the G-meter and hadn’t reactivated my shields.

The other time, a stray NPC Eagle in an uninhabited system 5-6 Asp jumps from the Bubble.

2 Likes

Is there always a crazy NPC pirate waiting? Just curious,

It seems directly inverse proportional to how much you don’t want one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Depends on how late at night it is when you’re on ypur way back in, and how many ELW first discoveries you have. It also didn’t help that I was still a jump or two away from where I would have raised my shields (my Asp had a terrible tendency to run hot at that time). I’d forgotten about that when I submitted the interdiction, planning to high wake out.

1 Like

Damn, good thing my DBX runs cool with shields on line

So if i really really want one i should be ok :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, ditto for my Phantom now that I’ve done some engineering.

Also as a protip: you can apply engineering upgrades to the stock hull of a ship and not take any mass penalty. It’s not a huge amount of extra protection, but it helps.

1 Like

So what IS the fastest way to mine 500 tons?

The most lucrative is obviously core mining, but I guess that the other way that does not make you between 0.5 and 2 billion credits is faster?

I have never done mining before 3.3, only have experience with core mining

1 Like

Homestly, if you’ve got an Anaconda or T-10, load it full of collector limpets and a couple of mining lasers, a 10-bin refinery, and strip mine for the most valuable metals that can be surface mined. Combined with missions, you can still make a good bit of scratch.

1 Like

Someone reported that hitting a surface deposit with multiple Abrasion Blasters release one fragment per hit!

So-- one Abrasion Blaster? One fragment.
Five A.B.s? Five fragments!

Well, why the hell not?

Yeah, this is likely a bug that will be patched pretty soon

1 Like

No reason not to … you know … make a little money on the side? :wink:

My understanding is yes you’ll get more chunks, but the overall yield isn’t necessarily larger. If I’ve been reading correctly.

1 Like

Well… It looks like Someone has to test it!

Let me know what you find out- I’m settled in at Pallaeni with my DW2 ship waiting for the expedition start, and flying XP11 and DCS in the interim.

I was looking at getting a phantom to replace my cobra. Figured it would fit multi role nice. Never really thought to make it an explorer though

Thanks! I don’t have a big ship yet, but my little brother has an Anaconda and enough cash to outfit it for mining.
Does multi-crew add to engineer unlock requirements?

Also, I have not actually met and unlocked Todd yet, but figured that a couple SRV runs should get me a good way to G3-4 with just a lot of G1 materials.
So I was already thinking about Selene Jean, since I want the armour much more for a Diamondback Scout PvP build, which is my dream ship.

1 Like

Jump range is comparable to my Asp, and there’s more space for anything you’d want to bring along. Here’s my current build, which I’ll admit isn’t the best-optimized for long-distance, but gave me some safety margin and flexibility. If I was going out solo, I’d rearrange a few things to get a couple more light years out of her.

1 Like

No clue, honestly. The only multicrew I’ve done has been with the NPC pilot of my Krait Mk. II’s SLF. @komemiute?

1 Like

I’m still having graphical issues. I’ve had no response from the ticket I put in. Tried various things to fix the issue but no dice.
I know the dlc was on offer and I got it very cheap but now its broken the game entirely for me. Very glad I didn’t pay full price. Such a shame as everyone looks like they are having a lot of fun lol!
I’ll keep trying on and off and if anyone hears or sees anything related to my issue I’d be grateful for any information :+1:

That’s too bad, Victor! Hope you get a response to your ticket soon and I will keep my eyes peeled

1 Like