Elite Dangerous Thread

Just doing Federation Rank missions in nearby Maridjabin / Kerr station, because it’s on an Outbreak state and I’m shipping basic medicines to get allied with a bunch of Fed factions. I’ve always ignored the Federal Navy mission, but now want to get the permit to Sol (finally) to take a look. We could SRV on the Moon!

How about tomorrow (27th Dec, 7pm PST ish) I’ll be hanging around in open at Skripochka Gateway and we could meet up? The very least we can do is a buggy rally on a planet? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s beautiful, heartwarming, and exciting to see so many simmers playing Elite Dangerous.
A bit less is to notice this activity happens always when I’m AWAY from my computer and my wife’s laptop just can’t run it. Plus I don’t have my hotas…

Just great.

PS: I do have half an idea in mind… uhm…

I got it too on the steam sale and thought I’d give it a trial for a few days. After finally dragging myself to bed this morning (03.30) I think I’m going to like it. Will buy the Horizons pass before the sale ends too. Now all I have to do is organise my time between Elite Dangerous, X-Plane 11, DCS World and WOW and real life. One will have to suffer, maybe real life :wink:

I’m still doing training, but Elite slipped into the backburner at the moment,

But… I really dont see what all the hooplah about docking being so hard came from,

I find it stupid easy, even on stations that rotate etc…

Maybe cause Im using VR and Warthog… dunno…

3 Likes

The hardest thing I find is finding the dang door! And catching up with it when I do find it lol

(Yes I know I can target it and use the arrows on the side)

It used to be way harder to find the entrance back in original betas and stuff.

1 Like

You haven’t lived until you’ve boosted and gone into silent running to get into a station undetected with Flight Assist off.

2 Likes

And rotational assist off inside the station

1 Like

In a Clipper.

Without VR or TrackIR.

1 Like

Fair enough lol I don’t even know how to turn the assists off :grin:

Going to try to make this - what do I need from an equipment point of view? Just a vehicle hangar? Do they come with SRVs or do you have to buy those separately?

And the planetary approach sensor suite, of course.

2 Likes

A vehicle hangar and SRV buggy. Anywhere that sells the hangar also does the buggy too (bogus’s den of ill-repute certainly does), and I don’t think they are much moolah. We’ll figure it out on teamspeak I guess :slight_smile: :blue_car:

2 Likes

I’m, uh, kinda stuck in Colonia until i can find an Advanced Discovery Scanner nearby. I’m not jumping back 22,000 unexplored light years without one- I’m too close to Elite in Exploring.

1 Like

It’s not hard, especially in VR with depth. It’s more that you have to do it a lot and if you screw it up then the station people freak out and kill you. Basically the criminal system in Elite is ‘first offence = they kill you’. When someone else blocks the docking slot, and it turns into a jam of ships and then the station starts firing lasers, well, that’s the hard bit. Plus the ship size of course, in a sidewinder that can move like a gazelle it’s easy, in a T-9 Heavy that slot seems pretty small…

It’s also harder where you can’t see below you and have to descend vertically onto a large pad only. The ships are bigger than they seem, as until you get to a planet surface it’s deceptive in scale:

2 Likes

i remember people on other forums complaining from day 1 about the docking being too hard even in the starter ship.

I’ll probably be on tonight, depending on how my grinding goes maybe I’ll be able to join lol

It was also the title of an awful, awful, truly terrible tie-in novel:

https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Dangerous-Docking-Difficult-ebook/dp/B00JDJIXAS

I’ll likely finish all the training missions before I start a career,

However my brother is also interested, so He’ll likely play under my account every now and then.

Ok, got my Sol Permit, the Federal Navy Supply missions popped up one after the other and four and done.

I’ll really miss Kerr Hub though as the ATC voice sounded just like this, and I have a thing for Northern accents…

Off to the sskripriochchkaka red light district for tonight. @Bogusheadbox or @near_blind - is there a decent planet nearby for dune buggy’s and canyons?

1 Like