Euro Truck Simulator 2

It’d be awesome to have to slip the ship into a dock-lift type thing so it can be lifted into the water! Don’t slam the mast!

That’s what I am hopeing on personally.

On another note? When do we finally get the Bus Driver DLC?! I’ve been seeing those busstops for years now.

1 Like

Excited to get to try this out finally later tonight, will be cranking the graphics card up to 11 and hopefully have some nice shots to share

1 Like

does ETS support VR?

I’ve been looking for a Mission/Casual Driving Sim… Would Prefer Western (U.S.A.) roads…But not going to be too picky.

It does, there is an Oculus Support beta branch in ETS that works quite well (not great FPS but playable). I think the same for the American Truck Sim version, but haven’t personally tried that.

so there is a western version?

Yep, got lots of content too:

Yep. American truck simulator, made by the same guys. Not as much territory fleshed out as eurotruck as it was only released this year. I am currently running both.

Sniped by frog

1 Like

If you like the game/sim. Don’t forget about the skrs shifter. There is a thread about it in the hardware section here

"

1 Like

I modified my Famatec CSR Shifters to support Real Shifter Knobs and a Custom extension …
(Both Sequential and HPattern), for 18 speed I’d Prolly use Seq and just do up and down.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it, but i believe you can also check out the expanded maps in ATS by opting into the beta branch on steam as they are going to be increasing the size.

Haven’t tried that yet, but I’ve only heard positive things with nicer vista’s to admire and all. SCS say’s the average route is about 70% longer because of the rescale.

I like to wait till the release, but might check it out anyway, Arizona was nice, but Tucson to Yuma in 2 minutes was a bit short

1 Like

I mean, yeah the driving distances were never realistic to start with. Amsterdam to Rotterdam is atleast 45 minutes IRL, in the game it was about a minute. You could track from Britain to eastern Poland in less then an hour. That was never the point anyway I suppose, it was about the experience.

I’m using VoiceAttack to shift.

“FIRST!”

“SECOND!!!”

“THIRD!!”

“SECOND!!”

“THIRD!!”

My wife hates it when I get stuck in traffic around bedtime.

3 Likes

The proper shifting method is 3rd, 6th, 8th, 10th and 12th! From that point onwards accelerate to about 130KM/H and start weaving through traffic.

Pro-Tip: Railroad crossings have a speed limit of about 100KM/H at best due to the airtime you get.

3 Likes

forgot to post these, some nice sunset driving shots are always required

4 Likes

So… Heavy Cargo Pack has gone on sale, which means you now have moveable rear axles, which pretty much every single truck in The Netherlands has atleast, so that’s a big deal! Also tandem trailers which are proliferating too more and more, are soon added for free to both ATS and ETS2!

Great news, anyone else hopping back into the cab this week?

1 Like

DLC link for those looking:

Plus the other ones on sale:

…although check out the DLC bundles first as well.

2 Likes

Here’s what some of the Heavy Cargo trailers look like, if anyone is interested.

4 Likes