Game Deals & Book thread

That racing sim bundle looks AWESOME for like $16 CAD! Probably pick that up tonight.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/red-wings-american-aces-pc/

Looks super fun!

1 Like

Total War: Warhammer is free till 4/7 over at Epic Store

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/total-war-warhammer

3 Likes

xbox game studios sale

I recommend the GamePass over the sale, unless you ONLY want MSFS,
But the Xbox Game Pass is so much more.

As much as I play Games, Finish them, and shelve them after 3 or 4 months likelyu never to touch them again, I prefer the Game Pass, I get access to games early, and I can play them uninstall them, as long as the membership is active.

Outside of DCS and Forza, I rarely play a game after 5 or 6 months.

2 Likes

Ive got the gamepass for Halo Infinite, forza and stuff the kids want to play for 5 mins once a fortnight

Orbx 30% off tons of stuff for Easter. Ruh roh.

Thinking of getting me and the boy a series X box for our birthdays.

1 Like

Just keep in mind its available as a free update for those who already have it via gamepass.

Ive been thinking about it as well. Its a PITA setting up the PC for obi each time

1 Like

Yeah my wife does not want the flight stuff in the living room, so the PC must remain in the office. So yeah. Still a pita to get one though, even when the thing’s already two years on the market.

1 Like

Got an S over a year ago and never looked back. We have no interest in AAA titles or 4K, so the smaller box is perfect. Very quiet, too.

Actually some games even play in 4K I think, like Ori and the will of the Wisps. The loading times make a PC user blush.

with good inet connection one can run the game on gaming rig and stream via Steam to other non-gaming machine.

xbox game pass has cloud gaming iirc.

so no real need to buy console if e.g. some laptop available at home.

1 Like

Its not so much that its the physical setting it up for him and switching games which is a pain
What takes me 5 seconds can take him an hour with limited reading abilities. So it ends up with me or wife needing to drop what we are doing to help every time

I see. agree that it can be demanding.

thinking, with all the default xbox stuff in windows, doesnt it allow for some gaming only interface on pc? …or why bother? we [MS] have xbox for that!

quick search results :slight_smile:

1 Like

The debatably fun Postal series is free on GOG.COM

I have the XBOX Game Pass for XBOX/PC and I love it as I can play just about anywhere and on all my devices (like my iPad). This in combo with Parsec pretty much allows me to play any gaming service on my TV.

Problem is deciding what to play, I’ve got game ADD

Terraforming Mars is free on Epic Store.

https://store.epicgames.com/it/p/terraforming-mars-18c3ad

1 Like

It’s a really fun board game! No idea how this computer adaptation is but the game lends itself well to automation. There is a lot of moving of tokens and cards involved.

The basic premise is that the players are corporations involved in terraforming mars. During your turn, you can choose to use your resources either to (1) increase oxygen levels, temperature or create oceans by means of meteors, volcanoes and algae, among many others. Or (2) to build up your engine and have more resources later on.

Engine includes the amount of money and other resources (steel, titanium, plants, energy, heat) you produce every turn, as well as various card drawing and triggered mechanisms (I.e. with oceanic algae, you produce oxygen when someone creates an ocean)

It is amazing fun to build your little empire and also to crush your opponents’ plants when you crash Deimos into Mars’s surface and read the bottom text on the card: “we weren’t using that moon anyways”

The best part is that even when you lose, it still feels like you are almost winning. The epic scale and the exponential growth of the engine building make it really fun.

It sounds complex but is actually quite easy to spot synergies between cards and to feel when to go for future growth and when to grab points

1 Like

Borderlands 3 free on the Epic Game Store

https://store.epicgames.com/it/p/borderlands-3

2 Likes