Game Deals & Book thread

Onward for $9.99…yay or nay? I don’t have a room scale setup…so that might be a factor…

1 Like

Paging @linebacker

I know he was saying he gets to be a sweaty mess playing it…which makes me think I don’t have the room to play it…

No, not a sweaty mess, but PvP matches can get pretty tense which makes me a bit hot headed which translates to condensation forming on my Rift lenses. :slight_smile:

You don’t need a lot of room for Onward since you can use the touch thumbstick for waking and turning which takes a bit of getting used to. That leaves you with the physical tasks of crouching, leaning and weapons handling.

I like Onward because I love shooting … It’s a great shooting simulator but lacks the sort of depth that ArmA or Squad has.

Grenade throwing is fun too … You can get some excellent accuracy with those but I have to watch my overhead throws because of some ceiling limitations in my basement. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@komemiute forgive me for standing on your corner for a post, but you got me hooked on this Humble Bundle thing, and I am excited for this bundle right here -

Wasteland 2 and Age of Wonders 3 alone for 8 energy credits / currency of your choice is worth it

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that, this is a common space! :wink: Use it wisely!

Sweet graphics has this game

Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations is on sale through Steam right now for $26.39 (that’s a 67% discount)…

2 Likes

TY @PaulRix, I was waiting on this one to be on sale. Funny I was watching some YT vids just last night and almost bought it full price.

Glad you held out then!. They also have some DLC for it on sale too. I might have to pull the trigger on those (Korea and the Arab/Israeli war) .

Relevant.

https://www.gog.com/game/battletech

2 Likes

Surely this has been posted here before? If not, NASA DOES EBOOKS. FOR FREEEEE.

I am now muddling my way through the 4 volume series on the origins of the Sovjet space program, narrated by the chief designer, written as a memoir. It’s well written and has a lot of detailed footnotes to guide the reader through this important collection! I am literally quite excited about this!

4 Likes

50% off everything at ORBX until 03-13-18…

1 Like

The good news for that work project just keeps rolling in, eh Chris? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha…I’ll bet Eagle drops the Hornet tonight too. That’d be about right…

1 Like

Two days ago I was browsing ORBX site. Lucky they hadnt the sale up yet :wink:
After two days past I think I will finaly pull the triger on XP11 instead.

Q: is it realy necesary to have FTX Global Base instaled prior to instalation of their airports?
I would like to buy some airport but I dont think I want to spend aditional 49AUD

I don’t know. I bought the Global Base and Vector…so I’m not sure what they’d look like without them installed.

4 Likes

I’m interrupting the Eurofighter’s sim sessions to bring you this… make good use of it.

2 Likes

F1 2015 is free on the Humble Store:

3 Likes