Game Deals & Book thread

Big Spring sale over at the UBISOFT site …

I kinda have my eye on Ghost Recon Wildlands … almost 70% off … like the Gold Edition is regular $120 Canadian and now $40 bucks!

Humble Bundle has a free The Darkness II for everyone…

Sadly is not about the eponymous Rock Glam Band. :frowning:

A very nice 83% off from the VERY nice DiRT Rally

https://www.indiegala.com/crackerjack?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter-dirt-rally-crackerjack-20180327&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DiRT+Rally+-+Crackerjack+Deal+03282018

1 Like

73% off xcom2, war of the chosen, +4 dlc at fanatical. spring10 voucher code.

Over 90$ cad off.

edit: total cost for me after the voucher was $34 CAD. Pretty sweet.

Crusader King II Base game free on Steam:

1 Like

MXGP3 on sale for the next 3 days. Mudspike Motocross Madness anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m 51 years old and I ride dirt bikes now. Thanks for the heads up @saghen. :slight_smile:

My lame escapades at “The Compound” …

Lovin’ it!

Did you just get that? Man, I was using the controller to try it out and i was all over the place. You using a keyboard? Now we just need to get some other Mudspikers to get it and we’d have a crew.

The mud has memory! Blew me away.

Sorry saghen … I didn’t answer your question … ya, I just got it … I didn’t want to interrupt your five man R6:S game so I tried it out.

Warning: Xbox 360, Xbox One and Keyboard controller compatibility only. Your PS4 and Logitech controllers will not work here.

I grabbed a cheap (but nice!) PDP ($40) xbone controller …

6023105_sd

I’m not a big console guy or console controller guy but this game just screamed out for it. :slight_smile:

An excellent game!

Pretty much everything DCS is on sale on steam currently. The harrier for $35 is an absolute steal. If you dont have it yet, I’d jump on it.

The new Razer Game Store just launched (https://gamestore.razer.com/home.html) and has some pretty attractive discounts on UbiSoft Stuff (Wildlands for under $20 US), plus an additional 15% promotion for the next few days.

You didn’t get one with your rift?

Was that removed from the bundle in the price drop?

I’m not a big console guy either, but my Rift included an Xbox controller, and I did race a lot of MX and hare scrambles growing up. So, I jumped on the MXGP3 deal based on your vid LB. I’ve been on Spring break with the kids, so only had time to install the game. Just looking through some of the Steam forum posts I found a reference to this video:

Anyway, the Steam manual for MXGP3 is really light, and what I didn’t see is the ability to map a dirt bike control axis to a game controller axis. So, I’m assuming that leaning/turning left/right is either all on or all off. Same with throttle and braking. Not good for a racing sim :open_mouth: But, hey, it’s a game and not a sim, so let’s see how much “hold my beer watch this” fun we get for our $15 investment. Will try it out tonight.

I’m using a Logitech controller and it works okay. Granted, I don’t have much seat time yet. Left stick does the leaning left and right and the right stick does the leaning forward and back. The left lever button does braking and the right does acceleration. You can modulate it. I’m running simple controls at the moment. I’m not even manual shifting or using rear brakes independently.

After the basic course, try Glen Helen in first person view. Incredible

If I buy this and start beating you all the time are you gonna stop playing games with me? :grin:

edit: I suck at racing games so this is unlikely. Also unlikely I will buy this.

Thanks saghen. Looking forward to that. Perhaps we need a MXGP3, MX, or motorcycle racing sim thread.

Let us know what do you think @chipwich … I’m interested to hear a MXer’s opinion. All my motorcycle experience has been on the road.

+1 on Glen Helen btw @saghen. I was tooling around on it last night and having a good time. One thing I’d like to do is put a curve on the steering axis as the bottom end seems way too sensitive. Any ideas?

Guys, I’ve created a motorcycle racing sim/game thread. Let’s continue the MXGP3 discussion there so we leave this one open to new games and deals. Cheers.

1 Like