Games we are playing

I find it amazing that HG1 even still runs. None of my MW2 games still run. Q2 is a no-brainer of course, given all the community support it received over the years.

Also, fired up Day of the Tentacle Remastered for my nieces today. Funny game!

1 Like

How do you actually play it?
Dosbox or?

HG1 doesn’t need anything special to run. You can use a glide wrapper if you want to run 3DFX but beyond that, no problems installing and running in Win7.

1 Like

I crave a new and proper mechwarrior, soon™… right? :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t get me started on the farse which is mechwarrior online. I am a cornucopia of disdain for the BS that game turned into.

I tell you what.

Take the universe from elite dangerous.

Reskin fighters as mechs and vehicles. Reskin capital ships as drop ships. Add infintry, space fighters (already there) and a mech economy… i’d buy that

4 Likes

Yeah I think we’ve rode this carousel in another thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Y’all reminded me of one of the other Battletech games: MechCommander!

Not quite 20, but next year it will be. I just loaded up the Gold version which still seems to work, no tweaks needed. Not sure about installation as this is an install I’ve kept through the ages. Even though it’s supposed to be an RTS, it always felt more like a Diablo clone to me.

3 Likes

we need a New Lemmings Game.

2 Likes

Loved that game.

I loved the Heavy Gear series. I hope the new one is good. I was introduced to it at an arcade in Vegas. Heavy Gear 2 was so great.

On the topic of robots, Titanfall 2 has a short but very well done singleplayer and extremely fun MP. I’m loving frontier defense with friends.

2 Likes

Anyone here plays Overwatch?
My brother just convinced me to get it… it was over 60% off.

I do not

I tried it on the free weekend a while back, not really my thing. Felt like I was playing a Team Fortress 2 mod. I’m not a big FPS person either though.

1 Like

Sadly, Heavy Gear Assault is looking to be too much of a MWO clone. They’ve also made some design decisions that make no sense… And it’s been in development for years now. The guys at MekTek seem to just want to make a Gundam clone rather than the brutal warfare we were expecting from Heavy Gear.

Titanfall always looked cool to me but EA and Origin are no bueno. Won’t touch that stuff.

Thought I’d update this one:

NieR: Automata

Definitely one of those games that looks very different at first compared to when you’ve been playing it for a bit.

2 Likes

That’s a sword that is big even by Warhammer standards (and I often laugh about the ridiculously big weapons there). :smiley:

JRPGs must be compensating for something with their BFS’s!

I’m really not sure what A2 and 2B are compensating for, though… Can androids compensate for anything? (Preemptive warning: if you go searching the net for that stuff, you’re going to run into NSFW images.)

1 Like

I picked up Ylands from bohemia’s incubator program since it was cheap. Looks like it’ll be fine.

I am playing some classics right now:

• Jedi Knight series (the first ones are 20 years old so the graphics are very dated, but the level design and story are just great. The third part has the best Lightsaber and Force Power battles in any game ever. The newer games like The Force Unleashed or Battlefront are not even close)
  • Spellforce (nice RPG/RTS mix)

Got all of them cheap on Steam. I technically now own them twice but the Steam version is so much easier to install on today’s PCs, I guess the few bucks were worth it.

2 Likes

I’m trying to quit War Thunder.

Help. Me.

2 Likes