Games we are playing

I used to play that on my dad’s pc when I was 6. Oh the nostalgia…

Years later, I discovered that instead of buying all the other racers, just putting all your money into Anakin’s pod racer is a very easy way to win the game

2 Likes

Exactly what I did!

2 Likes

I bought it 2 days ago from GOG. Didn’t have time to install it yet. I played it back in 2000/2001 and it was a blast. Hope that GOG did a good job at making it run well on new OS’es.

2 Likes

They really did. It runs great.

3 Likes

I played a ton of Ep1 Racer on my PC when it was a new game…2 years after I got married. :astonished:

It was the best of the Ep 1 games by far, surprisingly so. The almost top-down 3rd person “story” game was shallow, the starfighter game was unimpressive…

To all of you proud owners of Episode 1 Racer… the Good Old Games edition apparently works with LAN multiplayer emulators. Who thinks they’re fast? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not playing yet because early access is not yet available. But this one might come as close to my heart as any game yet. It has been created by a competitor who gave no clue on the “Exploder” that he held closet coding skills. Perhaps he doesn’t and this will prove to be a bust. But here’s hoping. For airplanes with GPS data storage, it allows real flights to be downloaded and viewed from the Judges’ Line. I have yet to find a sim that can handle aggressive aerobatics. It will be a miracle if this one guy has managed to do what ED, 777, 1C and Laminar could not. As I said, here’s hoping!..

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been trying bits of this and I love it.
https://thimbleweedpark.com/

From the same great minds that brought us Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island.
Guys, if you like classical LucasrArts Adventures, this one is probably the best ever.

Cool! I replayed Monkey Island last year on the xbox. That version has a great feature where you can switch on the fly between the original and the new, with hi res graphics and all new sound and music.

1 Like

Pretty snappy looking graphics. I’m sure we will all be interested in your thoughts on it…!

This is so cool…

2 Likes

Anybody else see this?

4 Likes

OOohhh intriguing

My first thought was “They’re doing something related to Interstate '76?”

6 Likes

Interstate 76 is a legendary game! :smiley:

5 Likes

FYI for those not in the know, Interstate '76 (as well as Interstate '82) is available at GoG.

Fun fact: Interstate '76 and Heavy Gear used the same engine, as did Interstate '82 and Heavy Gear 2.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi all, this has some info in regards to what is speculated:

https://nerdist.com/fallout-76-teaser-reveals-more-nerdist-news/

Hard to think it’s 21 years old! That game was a hell of a lot of fun! Multiplayer too!

I’m waiting for the next gen of VR before I play Fallout 4. I figure I’ve waited this long…might as well wait a bit longer and go ahead and enjoy it in higher res VR glory (someday)…