GOTHQ Get Out The Hangar Queens AJS-37 Viggen

I think you just use a knob turn function on a controller.

2 Likes

Use the zoom function. At least thats the only way I can see it in the rift :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, but be prepared for death by layers:

2 Likes

Are you kidding? Layers is my middle name! (Actually it is Conrad…great grandfather who immigrated from Germany in the 1840s…)

EDIT: Actually this looks pretty straight forward. Only mess with the liveries and maybe decals layers - leave the rest alone.

1 Like

PROTIP: Do not press the IFF IDENT button in the Viggen. It causes a crash.

4 Likes

I’m slightly unsure what I did wrong here - I targeted the middle of the group rather than an individual ship, would that be it?

1 Like

ETA: Just saw RB-04. Did you give it enough room to search?

1 Like

How do I give it room to search? I launched when the range cue line got between the vertical bars.

It looked like you were just at max range, so plenty of room. Where your in single or group search mode? Looking at the spacing of the ships, possability they were too far apart for group mode.

1 Like

I had Release mode at Serie and Radar Targeting Mode at GRUPP. Perhaps they were too far apart and I should have either put the target cross over the left or the right “group”.

1 Like

It almost looks like the designated target point isn’t close enough to a target.

1 Like

The RB-04 basically flies straight ahead, and per the manual it has a 28 degree field of view for the seeker. Additionally from the manual: “Release with seeker in group mode (GRUPP) can only be made if the targets are grouped in the depth axis.” So that seems to be the issue, I imagine the same attack set in single would have picked up one of the ships, group mode discards targets that don’t meet the criteria and continues looking for a valid target.

4 Likes

The RB-04 doesn’t use target points or the like, it flies straight off the rail and starts looking for targets after 12 km (ie a few seconds after launch). You can shoot them entirely visually if you want/need to.

2 Likes

That has to be what I did the last time I used them because I didn’t even bother with anything except NAV mode, got visual, and launched.

Ohh - the penny dropped there! I did not realise there is no radar linkage at all.

So really what I need to do is align the target cross directly over the one of the fly poos on the radar screen and point the nose right at that target point. Probably better to use single target mode too.

1 Like

If you have targets in width and not depth, or don’t care about putting two missiles into the same ship then single is the way to go.

3 Likes

Indeed Bearhedge you got it, it is a point and shoot weapon and you only get useful range cue’s from the waypoint/TV fix. Ensure you are always over flat terrain or water when releasing the RB04 because it does not have terrain following. It will decent to 10M barometric pressure and maintain altitude for the duration of it’s flight.

Though it has a primitive A2A mode…

1 Like

The radar screen has min max range lines when your in the correct mode for Rb04, that’s how I know to release. I always need to move the target point over the ship/s and refix too.

1 Like

:hushed: What! I’m going to have to read up on this!

I was wrong @Bearhedge

It’s the 05, not the 04 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes