Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

I’m glad you all are getting the Viggen figured out. I’ll capitalize on that knowledge soon. I’m waiting a week for it to be released on stable just to get some of the release bugs fixed.

I’d love to see a F-111 SEA wrap scheme for it. Just sayin’

2 Likes

Furiously paging @Komemiute to make this happen

3 Likes

Omg people are talkin sexy…

Where’s the soap

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey! Sorry- couldn’t come any faster. (my wife just rolled her eyes " I know") What?

Whatever… Yes, child’s play! just gimme a clean reference and I do it in an hour.
Wait is there a F111 model in DCS as of now?
Cool…

1 Like

no(???) As of FC2 there was still an entry in the planes config for the F-111, which I used to aggressively manipulate to create a ghetto F-15E. I don’t think the model exists anymore, because it was from Flanker 2.5, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

I see- well you can still provide me the SEA wrap scheme and I can maybe see where it can be applied in the meanwhile.

1 Like

Can do!

1 Like

Ok, notes taken. :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Ohh my, so much f111, i am gonna lose skin at this rate

That private kind of skin? That’s gross.

Found a new target system :wink:

Source: Hoggit reddit

5 Likes

Tested the Viggen post patch and the yaw instability is fixed! Takeoff and landing are much easier now.

2 Likes

Tested a quick Rb04 single player flight. VR seems much smoother now, as the terrain loading pause seems to have gone, plus I can zoom in nicely.

I can’t get my AI flight to launch their Rb04’s with me though, as in they react when they get a mudspike from the ship, and acknowledge my calls to ‘engage / ships’ but they seem to jettison missiles at the first sniff of a engage defensive call. I’m always the only one to launch in a squad of four.

Before the patch it used to crash, so something has definitely been fixed here though. I just need to figure out a better waypoint distance for anti-ship strike or something?

I believe you can set the AI response to threat in the mission editor. Change it from “PANSY” to “SLIM PICKENS”.

1 Like

Best to set the flight to the Do Not Jettison Weapons and Passive Defense advanced waypoint Options.

4 Likes

Thanks - I’m pretty much a beginner at mission building, so will try that.

We found the guy to give the medal to!

2 Likes

Yeah, but I hardly scratch that Russian ship with my two meagre hits. I need my AI buddies to step up :slight_smile:

Awarded posthumously - how much damage does a Viggen do?

1 Like