Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

The Kuznetsov literally laughs in my face at two well place Rb04s, I don’t even dull her paint. I tried setting the advanced options for keeping stores etc but so far no luck. They seem to have trouble finding her on the ground radar, as in by the time we get a mudspike it is really kinda late.

Here’s my mission if anyone can spot anything obviously I’m doing wrong. I went a bit mad with the options, but did try them one by one.

viggen ships Flight.zip (8.4 KB)

I actually meant if you run the Viggen into the Kuz after you expend your Rb04s… :laughing:

Ah, be right back… :ship: :boom: :f111:

1 Like

Look…all that guts and glory in one spot!

1 Like

What about old schooling it with a couple of 2000 lb lgbs through the flight deck? ← that’s my Friday night Cuba Libre asking that question.

Well the Rb-15’s seem to be coming of the rail just fine for the AI. However they seem to follow an absolutely pure pursuit course from the launch point to the target instead of properly using their sea-skimming mode.

@fearlessfrog there are special versions of the ASM’s in the editor, for the AI to use. have you been using those or just the normal player versions?

In my wing, just the normal ones. I can try the others, but before the patch they used to cause a crash. I’ll try again.

160kg bombs is all the viggen gets :slight_smile:

I tried the AI version on the rest of the flight, but the external stores don’t run appear visibly. Once we are locked up (a bit late) I can get them to say ‘Running In’ but even with the current waypoint adv option set to ‘don’t run’ they eject all stores and bail. I can watch where their missile graphics would be tumbling down as well, so it’s probably something still baking beta-wise.

Even worse! 120kg. But, it can take 16 of them. More of a heavy submunition than a bomb :wink:

2 Likes

Found a nice little surprise when looking out to the right of the Viggen cockpit with my Oculus goggles on; lo and behold - a pair of gloves hanging in mid air. It was my touch controllers lying to the side that are represented as gloves. Reaching for them and suddenly my gloved hands were visible in the cockpit. I couldn’t control or click anything in 1.5.6 beta but who knows what the future entails :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Witchcraft I tells ye

2 Likes

I finally had a weekend of bliss in the Viggen. I got the Rockets quick mission down pat. I then used that mission to make a Bk-90 mission. Lets just say that convoy hates me. These things are evil.
I used the Beachhead interdiction mission to make a Rb-04(instead of Bk-75) mission. It took a while for me to learn to get them big boys off the rail but they knock the transports out easily. They pack quite a wallop. Much better than the Rb-75.
This is a special module just like the MiG-21 was. For me, its the first time I use so much auto pilot. The silly computer will be hard to master as well. I like it! I could spend months just flying this bird.

3 Likes

This has been around since last April, it’s just you Oculus whipper snappers catching up now that you’ve got controllers.

3 Likes

Guilty as charged. My touch controllers are seldom connected as I’m still waiting for any game making it worth wile. I’m sure more than what feels like tech demos will turn up eventually:)

Hey guys
Has there been any news as to when this module will be in 1.5? How about 2.0?
I thought it was supposed to be this week.
Thanks

im guessing and only guessing they probly had stuggles to do the whole tihng in one week so maybe this week … atm only have to wait and see :slight_smile:

Thanks esonub,
I have enough to keep me busy for now. The Saab is an amazing aircraft. The trim to turn system is amazing. This is hands down the easiest auto pilot system I have used in DCS. Getting around is such a breeze. I am free to do other things and enjoy the scenery. Now where is that 8 track player?

So I found out today that the Viggen has ELINT that actually works:

I may have to do some recon this week. Now if only it had Sead missiles…

3 Likes

Very cool.

The manual also refers to the Recon mode where you can set up waypoints for a search pattern (up to a max of a 8 sided polygon) and then also update existing radar tracks to record ship bearing and speeds! I was thinking of doing an AAR for it one day…

2 Likes