Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

No, I intend to update you via text. This weeks’ will be very short and to the point however: Release is not yet imminent. We’re still mostly working on the items detailed in this thread OP.

We are however, working on a slew of interesting videos to kick off our more in-depth coverage. This will keep us busy over Christmas.

Thanks for the patience everyone!

1 Like

The guys should probably take Christmas off and spend it with family. In the grand scheme of things, what’s an additional week or so?

Family time is more important than work. Think of it this way:

If the hornet was delayed one or two more weeks (14 days not ED TMW), would it make a difference now? Probably not.

8 Likes

5 Likes

100% agree Gunny, take the time off and enjoy, we’ve got plenty of planes to fly till then.

2 Likes

With everything I’ve just bought in the gog sale I’ve got enough to keep me going till next Christmas so take your time heatblur… Lol

3 Likes

As someone who has missed my fair share of Christmas’s with family due to work, I also vote for Heatblur taking the day off. Heck they should take two off! :ribbon: (as close to a Xmas emoji that I could find)

They said it wold be ready in the winter…they have until 21 March…plenty of time.

Right…so a couple of lines that ask you how often you want bogey calls - every 5 seconds, 10 seconds or 15 seconds? I’m not looking for deep emersion but I do know how “AI flight crew members” can get annoying…like that darn Aerosoft Airbus copilot with a cold…coughing at inopportune times–evidently when you haven’t done something for a while …“I’m programming the FMSand I need to look up which SID to use darn it! Keep your coughing to yourself!” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Concur ,This time of year we should all close the tool box and enjoy the festivities of the season.

3 Likes

Sorry, as a software developer I can only get to this far before my vision goes red and the voices implore me to kill.

5 Likes

I know that well. :smile:

I didn’t mean a couple of lin s of code, I meant a couple of lines in a menu like the DCS plane configuration menu but …whatever.

Despite my association with the F-14 in my youth, this is a module I doubt I’ll get. I’m only buying “finished planes from now on. I didn’t realize how slow the FA-18 development was going to go…release laser Mavericks and LGBs without a finished targeting podbut? Really? …at least I bought it on sale…just say’n.

2 Likes

FWIW the Viggen is still considered early access. The intent behind the F-14 is to have most of the features in place for early access; we’ll only be missing the F-14A and TARPS. I think it will be way more complete when we get it than the Bug currently is.

4 Likes

There will be bugs.

Weird bugs.

ugly bugs.

We won’t mind. We’ll be zorchin’ around with our hair on fire going nananananjaaaaoooow!

4 Likes

7 Likes

If I can have 10% of the fun I’m having with the hornet now, my preorder is justified.

13 Likes

5 Likes

Man the textures on that thing are awesome. I like the details like the dents on the external fuel tanks.

I’m with you on this. I’m going to wait and see how finished the early access plane is during the obligatory youtuber hype run up to release. It appears to be far far ahead of where the hornet is even this far after release, and maybe even further along than the Harrier.

2 Likes

@Franze, it’s your lucky day. According to that they’re including A/G in the A model as well

2 Likes

“Both versions will be ground attack capable” – Sweet, we’ll be able to catch the last decade of service quite well now!