Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

DON’T GET EXCITED!

The only A2G the Tomcat had in the mid-to-late 1980s was it’s gun=there was something to switch to strafe. We once say some naval air magazine with aa photo of an F-14 dropping bombs. We declared it heretical literature…might have even burned the copy.

So this will be my last post on this thread. The Viggen was released in Open Beta in JAN 07…and is now, after the last update, refined to a point where I personally think it is “done”… so I’ll check in with this thread again in late 2020 / early 2021.

1 Like

Bah humbug :christmas_tree:

Wow! There is a ton of amazing detail on that fighter. I am really looking forward to getting some stick time with it. Of course, we all are, really. :slight_smile:

Operative phrase in that video was "our F-14A was representative of the fleet between 1986 and 1991. By 1990 VF-24 and VF-211 had already started hanging bombs off the jet. By the time Desert Storm had started, VF-2,14,33,51 and 143 had all also adopted competitive bomb put as a secondary role.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas from HB From FB Pge

10 Likes

:heart: Heatblur… :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Ohhh that’s so cool!! Merry Christmas Heatblur

From HB FB Page…“Burn baby Burn”

1 Like

Almost a pig, @Bogusheadbox, almost :smiley:

7 Likes

Need to finish the TF30 Engine profile so they cant start working on DCS F-111A

6 Likes

Ralfidude has the F-14… and the Forrestal.

7 Likes

…of course he does.

2 Likes

Someone a wee bit jealous. :grin:

Wheels

3 Likes

Not surprising considering the teaser he posted in early October lol.

1 Like

1st teaser

12 Likes

TWIAO?

Question about that launch: Forrestal-class CV’s had superheated steam plants running at MUCH higher header pressure than any of the CVN’s. Would a Tomcat really lose that much altitude going off the bow, given the higher specific impulse available from that steam system? Or is the catapult length that much shorter that it cancels out?

2 Likes

Jabbers and his “break up” videos. :rofl:

2 Likes

I was wondering about this as well,I’m not sure The Cats where even working properly in that video,Maybe The Ship was doing 50 knts and the aircraft very light fuel just to get off of the boat.

3 Likes