Helicopters Video Thread

They have a couple of those ‘boats’ on the lake at Queenstown, NZ, giving rides to tourists. Very cool to watch.

This sounds more like a Canadian type story…but oh well…

“Seriously hurt, the man was air-lifted by a Lifeflight helicopter to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield. It’s in critical but stable condition now, according to the reports.”

So he ran into a helicopter (was it running?) and then he got airlifted by a helicopter.

4 Likes

LOL! So in other words he had bad luck and good luck all at the same time. :slight_smile:

Interesting first flight of the Sikorsky/Boeing Defiant:

From here:

4 Likes

What’s that thing on the back? :slight_smile:

Finally, my Black Shark time in cockpit will come in useful…

2 Likes

I think that it is engaged in level flight over distance to increase efficiency and speed

1 Like

I’ll email them my ideas of horizontal flat lifting structures that could be affixed to either sides for increased efficiency. :wink:

5 Likes

Really? That thing is modern!? Before opening the link I thought I was looking a one of those crazy contraptions that were test-flown in the 60’s.

2 Likes

Stealing a comment I read about it:

“That is one ugly looking submarine…”

6 Likes

Interesting video of an CH-148 Cyclone ‘unboxing’ from the back of a frigate. I can’t remember seeing one where they show the system unfolding. Video starts in the middle - there is a good part at the start where they roll it out as the frigate executes a significant turn but then it has a number of 'walk-around bits that get a little redundant.

4 Likes

Any why not. How about a CH-149 Cormorant training in Iceland. :slight_smile:

4 Likes