Helicopters Video Thread

Interesting…technology has come a long way since then.

A narrated, promotional film on the Westland Supervisor battlefield surveillance system, developed by Westland and Marconi in the late 1970’s.

4 Likes
7 Likes

I’m not a 100% certain but I assume that at 00:22 the left seat guy is reminding the right seat guy to keep the rotors going round and round all the time until landing or they’re gonna have a bad day.

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Ground resonance! I think the Chinook at the end was intentional.

1 Like

It was. That airframe had an inflight upset IMC, where it actually ended up doing a roll. The stress from the maneuver grounded it and the aiframe was used for testing.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

So here’s the full start process for the Mi-24D. I don’t speak the language but I understood everything they were doing. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good god! That is the most demoralizing thing I have ever seen.

2 Likes

@smokinhole no!! It’s easy!! Just paint yourself orange and get thrown out of a window while someone follows you in a helicopter. Piece of cake. The cone even landed upright. Simplicity mate

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting video on the Mi-24’s trimming operations.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. My X-56 has a removable spring. A couple of days ago I tried flying without it. WAY more enjoyable! But unfortunately it’s a little impractical because I would have to support the stick before letting go. (Which is, after all, the reason for magnetic force trim.

That APU is really freaking loud!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Love those LMGs poking out of the Hind. Are we getting cabin gunners in the DCS Hind?

2 Likes

According to the store page and early access info … we should be getting a kord machine gun for the door gunner like the hip … But it will be later in development…

4 Likes