How is your World Cup (2018) team doing?

Argentina v France was a good game. Argentina just plain got outrun in that game…France is FAST…!

Uruguay taking an early lead on Portugal. What a great feed by Suarez…

1 Like

Mbappé for mvp at this point for me. Unfortunately Ronaldo will get the votes because he’s Ronaldo, as long as Portugal keep winning.

So…you can get a penalty for a high kick correct? So why do bicycle type kicks not draw a penalty?

They do when it’s dangerous

Basically you must not be near an opponent with your foot when kicking a high ball. Near means causing injury to a player if he wouldn’t protect himself.

Aaaand the European Champion is out as well.

1 Like

Not all that sad to see CR7 go to be honest.

Looking forward to Brazil Mexico. That should be a great game.

1 Like

Pretty intense game. And Suarez didn’t bite anyone.

2 Likes

It’s not the height it’s the risk of injury to other players. A bicycle kick the foot is over oneself, so it doesn’t pose risk. If two are going for the high ball then there’s a chance of injury. That’s the foul.

1 Like

Mmm…Spain favored by 2.5 goals over Russia tomorrow.

Lol so much for that.

They didn’t even score the goal that put them on the board. For the amount of talent in that squad they are not performing well. 1000 passes in regular time at 90% completion means nothing if you can’t score.

It’s unlikely but I’d love to see Russia win.

Igor akinfeev for man of the match

Yaaaa big save

Ohhhhhh yaaaaa

Wow. I was rooting against Russia…but that was a pretty impressive scrappiness they displayed. I thought Spain’s ball movement was really, really good and with the amount of time spent on offensive in their side I thought it was only a matter of time…but no…

I feel like the loser in that match was football. What a lackluster performance from both teams. As much as I’m happy for host Russia that they’re doing this unexpectedly well, neither Spain nor Russia really deserve being in the quaterfinals. Lots of teams that went in the group phase played more inspired than these two.

1 Like

In all fairness, Spain basically gave Russia it’s only opportunity to score in that ridiculous penalty from Pique. Kudos to them for taking it, but it is still a very limited team. I wouldn’t want to play against Russia in extra time tough, thinking about their history of government endorsed doping policy… :smiley:

But no kidding Russia is a scruffy team. It will take real effort to beat them.

The online world is abuzz with the fact that Spain passed the ball something like 1000+ times…with stunning accuracy, but they were just playing back and forth and should have been spending some of that time rifling or lofting some balls into the box. I was amazed by their passing ability…but yeah…if you don’t get shots off, the odds don’t stack in your favor.

Brazil v Mexico is going to be great. Rooting for Mexico…so you should all put your money on Brazil…

How can any success on Russia’s part be unexpected? Look at the factory they built for the Olympics. Sorry but I take nothing that happens within FIFA’s walls at face-value.

Willian and Ochoa looking great this game.

Sverige!!!