IL-2 Great Battles Videos {2022}

Familiarization with the P-51B.

7 Likes

That channel is a real goldmine.
Absolutely impressed.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Neat video where “Growling Sidewinder” talks about the history of the markings on a specific aircraft the IL-2 Developers incorporated into the simulation. First 3 minutes are the history of the pilot and markings of this particular aircraft.

4 Likes

This gentleman always does a nice job with his videos. He puts in a lot of effort with various camera angles and such. This particular video has some really nice camera angles of this dogfight. I’ve been playing a lot of IL-2 Great Battles myself lately but all WW2 stuff. I’ve got to get back into some of the “Flying Circus” aircraft.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I finally picked up Flying Circus Volume II and I must admit I’m rather taken with the Sopwith Triplane. It’s just really nice to fly. This is coming from a guy who you usually can’t get to fly anything from that era that isn’t a Spad…

4 Likes

The Spad is nice. A really good “boom and zoom” aircraft for that era IMHO.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Looks cool, but all I have going through my head right now is:

Von Richthofen: As an officer and a gentleman, you will be looking forward
to a quick and noble death.

Blackadder: Well, obviously.

Von Richthofen: But, instead, an even worse fate awaits you. Tomorrow, you
will be taken back to Germany . . . to a convent school, outside Heidelberg, where you will
spend the rest of the war teaching the young girls home economics.

Von Richthofen: For you, as a man of honour, the humiliation will be
unbearable.

5 Likes

“Voof!”

3 Likes

BlackAdder series, one of the all-time classics. Haven’t watched that in years. Will have to revisit.

1 Like

@apollon01 :sunglasses:

5 Likes

lol, I laughed my butt off when they started singing :rofl:

2 Likes

Just downloading. The patch notes are not out yet :slight_smile:

I wanted to progress this evening a bit with the Christmas trip flying the DC-3 in MSFS but now I am not that sure. I will be flying the DC-3 / C-47 family tonight in any case, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember this one from Band of Brothers too.
Quite the gallows humor, but I guess they had to look the devil in the eye on so many occasions that they just had to laugh about it to let the steam off.

1 Like

A definite coping mechanism. I was in the field when we got news that Steve Irwin had been killed. We looked at each other in semi-stunned silence for a moment, then one of the guys said “Steve Irwin is dead… Crickey!”

They probably heard the laughter back at HQ?

Edit: Forgive me for wading into topics with completely random shite… Retirement is still sinking in and I am reminiscing a fair bit these days. That triggered a memory.

5 Likes

Forgiveness granted.

Some derailing is actually encouraged here at Mudspike. :wink:

2 Likes

Yup, dark humor is an important survival tool I have to pull out from time to time, just to keep sanity in sight lol

Interesting story there H_B. One I can certainly appreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like