Insurgency Fri. & DoI Sat. Nights | Mudspike Ground Ops

I have to admit it’s nearly game play breaking for me, because it seems like you have to slow down so much. Plus I didn’t find much the helped it. I loved the options though, I’d give it a solid 5/7 :wink:

Ya, I like the mod so it’s really too bad about the pronounced weapon sway when you first pull up your sight! You don’t even have to slow down … it’s ALWAYS there. I mean, even if you’re prone and you pull up your sight, that’s when the weapon sway is the worst(!), which seems counter-intuitive.

I just looked into it and there doesn’t seem to be a remedy so it might be a deal breaker, especially if the 12 player thing doesn’t work which we didn’t get to test since we only had eight players.

Looking forward to checking out the new update for DoI tonight. I had to laugh that it was getting downloaded to adlabs’ machine while he was playing Insurgency. :slight_smile: Do you have your “Allow downloads during gameplay” setting enabled adlabs?

So that sway is part of the mod and not part of the latest patch? It’s kinda weird, since it hardly affects the M4 and is really bad on most of the others (shotties aside).

Yup, I tested it today … the sway is definitely part of the mod and I have no idea what the author’s reasoning was on that! Apparently the sway parameters are coded in the theater file and I’m not sure how to un-code them.

where’s our server @Linebacker … you’re late :stuck_out_tongue:

I have both of these games now, but after that latest Ralfi video I am scared of Linebacker :smiley:

1 Like

I am not the famous “Linebacker” as portrayed in Ralfi’s videos. :grin:

Do not be afraid.

1 Like

Oh, ok, then I am safe :slight_smile:

Perhaps …

1 Like

You’re only safe if you’re behind linebacker (his carpet bombs are too close) and adlabs (indiscriminate machinegunnery)

1 Like

Oh my machinegunnery is very discriminate. What wasn’t working was my helmet identification. I could attempt to use the very dark corridor as an excuse in the case last night, however this is a known issue with me even on days with clear skies and unlimited visibility. :smiley:

The mix of changes in the latest updates to DOI are interesting. The added variety to the role choices and loadouts is welcome. Having them rank locked isn’t my thing, but this is modern game design.

The less good IMO is that some of the maps are feeling very cramped for what they are trying to do. A few objectives take less time to capture than they do to sprint to, with zero fight at all to get there. Just run, duck inside, and wait for the timer. Again JMO, I’d rather have a quality fight to take the prize and then hold it, even if that means fewer objectives overall.

Perhaps due to this point on the maps/objectives (or not), but the play in general seems to be far more “run and gun” than a few months back. Taking bastogne used to be quite a team oriented experience if we were to have any hope of breaking past those first couple of bunkers. Advance to cover, hold for artillery, move to capture and still probably need some grenades while breaching.

Anyway, I’ll give it another shot next week. Thanks again for hosting and maintaining the server, Linebacker!

That could be partly the way linebacker has the server set up too though. We have more supply points to start than most of the servers I play on and that affects the gameplay for sure.

Plus that vote to change the AI to easy. I mean part of the reason we died so much before that vote was because we were moving too quickly. After the AI change it just allowed us to be even more aggressive.

I’m not sure what you mean about the rank locking though? Are you referring to the different units (eg highlanders vs Canadians vs whatever?) As far as I can tell those are only locked because they aren’t ready yet. I’ve hit level 27 on my profile from playing on other servers and haven’t noticed anything unlock.

Yes, the unit types is what I was referring to, with the lock icon. Prior to last night’s session, I had thought I heard someone say those unlocked with ranking. If that’s actually not the case, well that’s fine with me!

Wow, I just saw that DeltaMike (author of “The Armory”) was currently playing Insurgency so I tried to join his game to ask him about the weapon sway but the server was passworded! Ugh. Too bad. The guy has over 2300 hours of Insurgency under his belt!!! That’s a SERIOUS chunk of time so now I’m really interested in his design decisions.

Why don’t you just message him on Steam, if you know his Steam name?

Ok, I’ll try. I’m really not into all this “social media” crap.

1 Like

Ack! I can’t even find a way to message him! Can one of you guys do it?

[insG]DeltaMike

He’s also the Founder / Lead Admin of insGamer.com

Hot diggity dog! It’s like DeltaMike was reading our minds …

I just found the following comments for one of DeltaMike’s OTHER projects called “The Armory Expanded”!!! Say whaaa? More on that in a sec …

[insG]DeltaMike [author] 20 Feb @ 8:34pm
@Mamba - Thanks for appreciating the work I do :slight_smile: I just updated v2.0 theater to fix the sway after aiming down sight. But feel free to use whatever theater you desire

Mamba 20 Feb @ 6:17pm
Nicely done. We were using your 2.0 mod but running into excessive weapon sway. Not so with this one and weapon selection is improved. Good job!

I guess we can feel good now that “The Armory 2.0” has been fixed but I think we’ll move on to “The Armory Expanded” theater for this Friday :grin: … it looks REALLY cool …

2 Likes

I’ll miss both nights this week. See you next time!

Ok, I’ll only accept that as an excuse if you’re sending in a reinforcement(s)! :grin:

1 Like