Internet in Germany - what to choose

Job is really interesting, family is really happy, and kitchen arrived Monday so…

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

6 Likes

Glad you’re settling in quite nicely. Have you already learned to complain about the weather?

1 Like

Have you set up VR yet, so you can experience spielsteuerungsgerätebewegungsaversion? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You also have to do something very important for people in Germany:
Choose your Bratwurst color!

Or you will look like a fool if you go to a Würstchenbude and the owner just grunts “Rote, weiße oder Bockwurst?” at you, followed by another question that will sound eerily similar “rot, weiss?” (to decide whether you want ketchup or mayo on your fries). :smiley:

2 Likes

Pommes Bahnschranke mit Bratwurst bidde!

2 Likes

Why? So far the weather has been absolutely acceptable!

@fearlessfrog yes! I have tried a couple titles only and I have no problems!

@Aginor that’s super easy… ALL OF THEM
No seriously, I’d eat anything!

4 Likes

:smiley:
I’ll be honest though: I have never heard someone say that in real life.

But then I am from the part of Germany where we just say “Roschtbrohtwurschd im Weggle mit Sämf” and that’s all. :smiley:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

German can be so romantic! :heart_eyes::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Google translate gives that back as ‘Roschtbrohtwurschd in the Weggle with Samf’. :confused: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The correct German way of saying it would be:
“Rostbratwurst im Brötchen mit Senf” (meaning grilled sausage in a roll with mustard) but if I said that to my favourite Bratwurst guy he would answer by saying “Isch ebbes? warum schwätsch heit so komisch?” (What’s up, why are you talking so weird today?) because nobody talks high German here. :smiley:

4 Likes

Ich sach ma so: Da wo ich von wech komm is die Wahrscheinlichkeit sowat anne Pommesbude zu hören nich Null. Gerade Oppas die noch aufe Hütte malochen waren sprechen en recht speziellet Deutsch.

2 Likes

Kömmet ihr mol abe a d’Grenze, denn gits en Schübling un e Bier fürs Gmüet.

2 Likes

So hey, quick question… does anyone do trading online in Germany?
I have a sum to invest and I would like to know what platform is better to use for no commissions and stuff like that.

This is NOT a joke, this is not a April’s fool. If anyone is not comfortable answering in the clear feel free to PM me.

1 Like

You mean trading on the stock market?

A few people I know use some app called “Trade Republic” for that IIRC.

Otherwise: some banks offer that as well.

1 Like

Yeah, like that.

I’ll check it. THanks

Please use a conservative spread portfolio. I would hate to see you gamble away your fortune on aingle stocks.

3 Likes

I use revolut. The upgrade perks you get for a relatively high monthly fee are worth it to me (phone insurance and LOADS more useful stuff) plus you get unlimited trades and tiny fees on crypto) I really like the interface as well. The free version gives you 3 free trades a month (not counting day trades) and quite large fees on coins) I like my metal card as well.

If you join from a link I send you I think we both get £40 (or if its just me ill split it with you)
But that only lasts a few more days

1 Like

Heyo!

So, same job but changed house, changed life a bit- so it was time for new internet!

Guess what? Got a 1Gbit Coaxial cable connection.
Tested and working- War Thunder, Steam, and DCS updates rolls like the devil.

As many things can be going wrong right now- internet and my PC are my center of gravity.

7 Likes

Fibre is great but my cable is good enough. I don’t feel the need to switch yet.

Did you relocate to another Bundesland?

1 Like