MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

I owned it already for P3D so just needed to download a new version.

Flying in formation with my other self is quite fun :grinning:

I really like this guyā€™s historical section in his review about the aircraft. This looks sharp.

2 Likes

A22X MSFS Development Preview | TAP Designs

https://youtu.be/WUOsUBnZXPY

This is one airliner I might have to pick up. Evidently it has a lot in common with the Global 7500 systems and avionics wise.

1 Like

From SSW Facebook:

*FIAT-AERITALIA G-91 2.0 VERSION *
Itā€™s very close to being released, within 12/24 hours.

SSW FIAT-AERITALIA G-91 VERSION 2 UPDATE
We decided to wait for the WORLD UPDATE 3 (16 Feb) to see if there will be any breaking impact in order to solve it before release version 2
Apologize for the inconvenience.

Whatā€™s new here ?
- a complete set of 22 liveries with some special colors
- added paintkit
- internal sounds implemented
- internal cameras implemented
- external sounds implemented in 3D (cones)
- flight model refined
- almost all issues reported by users have been corrected
- systems has been supplemented by:
** external tank release implemented*
** external store emergency release implemented*
** flash/steady external navigation lights*
** pitch & yaw dampers implemented*
- added some key accelerators:
** left-shift + r initiates a ready-to-go sequence*
** left-shift + g hides/shows gunsight (suggest to be used with PAN model)*

1 Like

Its much better, but transponder not yet fixed :frowning: (it was reportedā€¦)

1 Like

I just downloaded itā€¦ Iā€™ll have to check it out later though,

By my calculations, we should be seeing the Flying Iron Spitfire fairly imminently as tomorrow marks two weeks since they announced it was going into a 2 week beta. Hopefully that went well as I am itching to fly it.

1 Like

Hummmm! I was checking the manual, infact the system are correct (the second digit only goes to 3) because its a IFF system in the real G91 were that knob only provides 32 combinations 0-7 and 0-3 (1st and 2nd digits). The ATC/Transponder use for civil is a enforced situation were here not fits well. Not fault of SSW or this addon.
So, if atc from msfs request a xpdr code were the 2nd digit is higher than 3 the only ways to tune it, are using a saitek radio panel or the atc autotune feature of msfs.

Now it fly much more plausible in low speed in pitch behavior and have more FAP liveries :wink:
Its now my fav jet bird on msfsā€¦

1 Like

Excellent! It sounds like they have done a great job then. :sunglasses:

If you wanna use the FAP liveries in a more realistic way, use these 2 airforce bases:
LPMR - Monte Real - BA5
LPMT - Montijo - BA6
(Portuguese Air Force Bases were G91 were operated)

1 Like

These airports look niceā€¦like ridiculously niceā€¦like so nice it makes you wonder about the interior detailing (I think they modeled the inside of the X-Ray machines??) :rofl:

2 Likes

I was always dubious when the fad of interior modeling airports became a thing. First of all, I thought, who the heck was going to be wandering around in there? Its not as if Flight Sims are first person games, or somethingā€¦

Second, what was the FPS impact going to be? Sims are notorious system hogs and framerate pigs as it is, so what was all this extra fanciness gonna cost us?

Third, how much longer was it going to take to develop in such detail, and was the price of that going to be handed to users?

Nowadays I just kind of shrug.

Nice to know the detail is there, I guess, but I never actually look close enough to ever see itā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s wasted on me too. All the detail in the world isnā€™t going to be of any use if it makes the experience a slide show.

1 Like

I will add to thatā€¦

1. there is no walking avatar in MSFS anyway
  2. there is usually no people there so it feels a bit catastrophic to me.

Got to be just pure marketing, right? Thereā€™s so many airports/scenery available for free or included so getting someone to hit ā€˜buyā€™ is going to rely on screenshots purely made just to trigger that part of their lizard brain. Itā€™s sort of a self-justification on why youā€™d need it, but never see/use that part.

Mad Men GIF

5 Likes

Yes pleaseā€¦ (looking for a wallet) :sunglasses:
I hope the tablet in the cockpit will be removable

Ahā€¦that Just Flight Arrow will be quality Iā€™m sure.

Is that the regular old (slow) Arrow or the turbocharged one?

both

1 Like