MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

https://youtu.be/P9WSrb7nrLY

2 Likes

Orbx MSFS Freeware & Demos

1 Like

Carenado breaks with tradition and patches WYMF-5, sparing owners months, possibly years, of buyer’s remorse. :grin:

2 Likes

Lol…I guess I should have mentioned this one earlier. It makes the Waco much more pleasant on the takeoff roll. Oh, and the heading bug works now as well.

2 Likes

Yes, now what i want to see is a patch to G91, that transponder 2nd digit and the fine tune for adf make me sad… also will be great to see a possibility to fill the external wing pods :slight_smile:

I have to admit, the Waco turned out to be my first payware MSFS module, and I’ve loved it.

I was finally getting used to its unique takeoff roll/V1 cut. I almost sorry that it got patched! :joy:

2 Likes

Regarding the seafront simulations freebie I posted about, they have released a video:

1 Like

Early-ish stages, but pretty cool already.
Downloading now.

https://flightsim.to/file/7745/wip-scheibe-sf28-tandem-falke

1 Like

NZA Goes Pro? (If they go payware only, I shall really miss those great freeware releases!) :pleading_face:

On the other hand, good for them!!

https://fselite.net/previews/nza-simulations-previews-hobart-airport-package-for-msfs/

I tried the Falke. Short review: It is very rough still.
Impossible to startup except by pressing ctrl+e and flies a bit wonky. Airbrakes work but the instruments except the speed and VVI don’t.
(and is it correct that it has no flaps at all?)

Anyway. Some more work needed, then it will be fun I think.

4 Likes

Correct.

1 Like

It has airbrakes. Fly constant speed with tick over power while adjusting glideslope with air brakes. Try to keep them at a set amount (stable approach) and do not adjust them below a sensible height, one or two hundred feet agl.

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

@Victork2 and I instruct on them for Motorglide if you need any pointers

4 Likes

Not yet. The module is still in a very early stage. But if the creator finishes it I can totally see me flying it, and then I will get back to you! :slight_smile:

Today we are ready to announce a new Competitions application for MSFS – ALBATROSS! It is fully integrated with Kinetic Assistant and provides all required functionality to create, participate and analyze different kinds of competitions.
We are focusing on gliding contests, but also moving in air races direction. Both have similar principals, but races has much more precise timings, while gliders contests are using complicated points system and performance controls. It is a long shot but we should start somewhere :grin:

We have added two events for tomorrow, if you would like to participate as glider pilot or tow plane pilot, I will leave detailed description in Soaring MSFS2020 Soaring Thread

2 Likes

FlightControlReplay 4.5 launched - Replay your flights in MSFS

If there’s one thing that Flight Simulator fans can’t wait to have, it’s the ability to rewatch their flights. The Replay functionality is at the top of Asobo’s weekly published Top Wishes list by the community, and is currently ranked #2. According to Asobo, their replay functionality for the sim is in " Prototype " state and will be released sometime in 2021. That could mean in a few weeks, or in the worst case, not until the end of 2021. Yet for many, a replay functionality is an essential core feature of a Flight Simulation game that should’ve already been included with the release of Flight Simulator.

I picked up Flight Control Replay this afternoon. It is functional, but maybe a little fiddly with lots of Alt Tabbing and Alt-Entering. It seems prone to inducing CTD’s during playback sometimes as well…but it does work.

A shot taken using a replay…

5 Likes

I looked at it but decided to not get it.
I am still hopeful that we will get a proper built-in replay function by Asobo.

There is no doubt that the best solution would be a fully integrated replay system such as we have in X-Plane. I see this as a stopgap fix and it could be months before we see anything from Asobo (they do have a full plate right now).

1 Like