MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

Oh my… just my kind of airplane. The Ryan ST-A by A1R.

The documentation isn’t exactly comprehensive, but it seems a simple enough airplane. For a tail dragger in MSFS it has a very controllable take off roll.

8 Likes

Yes, but how do you fly an ILS?

(just kidding :grinning: great aircraft)

You reach out with your feelings…

4 Likes

A good day for 1930’s aircraft it seems. The French have designed some stunningly beautiful aircraft over the years, but some of their pre-WW2 aircraft were hit pretty hard with the ugly stick. The Caudron Rafale 430 might not be the prettiest airplane but Blue Mesh have done a nice job with this one, especially considering the price point.

9 Likes

Aww, I like the Caudron’s though. Well besides trying to fly IMC during the 2019 Air Race in the 460 which has absolutely no instruments for that. The double canopy on this one is a bit bulky, but beyond that I find it quite fetching. Dang it, something else to add to my MFSF hanger!

1 Like

Another 1930’s aircraft that was once payware on the Sim Market website but was taken down almost immediately. The Kinner B-2 Sportwing by Golden Age Simulations. I learned today that it is available as freeware at the Golden Age Simulations website.

The aircraft is a lot of fun to fly. The engine sounds are great and there are some neat features, such as the chocks, tie downs, pitot cover. There is a working pocket watch mounted to the instrument panel. The engine isn’t exactly powerful, so it’s take off and climb performance are not exactly spritely, but it puts along at 100 mph+ once you level off. It doesn’t bleed off as much speed as I would expect when the power is pulled back, so you have to think ahead a little when setting up for landing. The main thing that needs improvement is the cockpit textures, which are pretty low res. Still, a nice airplane to add to your virtual hangar if you like old airplanes.

9 Likes

Navigraph charts arrive in MSFS 2020

2 Likes

I’m used to Flying this quirky little thing, made by a user, in Aerofly. To me it’s always been a helicopter disguised as an airplane, and it’s looks are definitely a matter of taste.

It will be interesting to see how it fares as a non freeware product in Microsoft flight simulator.

https://fselite.net/previews/orbx-shares-release-trailer-for-upcoming-ea7-edgley-optica-for-msfs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=orbx-shares-release-trailer-for-upcoming-ea7-edgley-optica-for-msfs

5 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone else expect
that plane to sound like a Star Wars prequel ship taking off.

5 Likes

LVFR Fort Lauderdale KFLL for MSFS released

Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International airport is the main airport of Fort Lauderdale Florida. This airport serves destinations in North and South America and Europe. Its one of Florida’s most important airports. Its sloped runway that elevates to allow for a major highway to pass underneath and its scenic location with beaches, downtown and ports make it a very amazing and beautiful airport.

• Hand made and detailed PBR ground markings and textures according to the most recent airport situation.

• Hand made, Realistic terminals, cargo buildings airport buildings using MSFS PBR materials.

• Usage of parallax materials on buildings.

• Realistic airport lighting.

• Runway 10R/28L sloped as with real life, and taxiways and aprons around it.

• Customized city buildings and landmarks, including the Downtown Fort Lauderdale and Port Everglades.

• Customized and enhanced jetways.

• Accurate airport gate/parking to current real-world airport layout.

• Discount for previous customers of KFLL for P3D. Use promo code KFLLMSFS

2 Likes

Oh snap. The freeware Optica is currently my favorite cruiser in MSFS, a detailed model will probably top my list.

1 Like

Orbx and Nvidia. Interesting combo! One wonders how this came about.

1 Like

Nice, if it works as advertised…

An easy to use MSFS add-on installer for projects hosted on Github

Install the tool, open it, and download/update add-ons you like in one click.

Currently supported add-on:

• Working Title CJ4
  • Working Title G1000
  • Working Title G3000
  • Flybywire A32NX (stable)
  • Boeing 787-XE
  • Salty 747
  • Azgharie Airlines liveries

https://flightsim.to/file/15569/msfs-community-downloader

2 Likes

I‘ve been waiting for something like this. Thanks for the link!

Slowly start to became a reality

2 Likes

Yeah…or maybe a pod racer…

1 Like

Good to see the progress has not stalled.

I bought the An-2 for FSX (did not fly it), then for P3D (did not fly it either) so now, of course, I will buy it again! :laughing:

2 Likes

Definitely a work-in-progress. Converted from FSX

https://flightsim.to/file/15520/msfs2020-rockwell-aero-commander-500s

So, I got this working, can see the High/Low/VFR map, but none of the navaids or airport detail are showing on the VFR map. I have a data sub to Navigraph, but wondering if I need a Charts sub in order to see more detail? FWIW, Little Navmap seems to be able to pull all of the detail from Navigraph and MSFS to populate its excellent map.

Yes, you need a chart subscription.

1 Like